I'll Tell You What Color Your Blue Guitar Wants To Be.

Ok, fine. Is this enough?

20170418_104708%202_zpse7p2fxwd.jpg

You have my attention, sir.

Oh, and I'm not sure I'm going to take my Zach Myers in for a re-fin, but I'll hear you out (not my guitar, but same colour -- a dark, vivid Royal Blue). I have two of these:
2012_prs_paul_reed_smith_se_zach_myers_royal_blue_electric_guitar_1313030.jpg

I already know they want to be flamboyant, solid, metallic pink and purple (one each), but I can't afford that right now.

DUDE!!!! If you have two of these, one AUTOMATICALLY becomes a mod/refin project!! I'm pretty sure it's in the Forum rules or somewhere:rolleyes:

I'll play along

16083956-7A5F-485D-A363-3CF22ECA851D_zpsdmni6tww.jpg

Your guitar spends a majority of its free time meditating, pondering its existence, and searching for its rightful place in the Varna. It faithfully adheres to the Dharma and wishes to be reborn through the process of samsara with an Armando's Amethyst top and an Orange back. It also needs an Om truss rod cover to help it decide if it is Hindu or a Buddhist and it wishes you'd stop putting that leather strap on it. It finds it offensive to their religious beliefs.

I'll play too… bare in mind my neck is blue too ;)
Nix98bb.jpg

Your guitar is an avid huntsman and a big Ted Nugent fanatic. While you're away at work it listens to Scarborough Country on the radio and defends Jimmy John's owner on Facebook. It wishes for nothing less than to be "Whackmastered" in Zebra print with a soft pink underside.

Oh, and I'm not sure I'm going to take my Zach Myers in for a re-fin, but I'll hear you out (not my guitar, but same colour -- a dark, vivid Royal Blue). I have two of these:
2012_prs_paul_reed_smith_se_zach_myers_royal_blue_electric_guitar_1313030.jpg

I already know they want to be flamboyant, solid, metallic pink and purple (one each), but I can't afford that right now.

You see? If you listen closely enough you can already hear who your guitars want to be.

This particular one is obsessed with Anne Rice Novel's and New Orleans. This is the purple one, and it wishes for the back to be Gold Top gold. The Fleur-de-lis which adorns its black hearted fretboard was once carved into the ebony tree whence it was grown in Africa, by a French missionary who was sent to ward off vampires by then pope John Paul II in 1987. Your guitar was born Goth, but is stuck conforming to society by wearing too crisp casual Friday Wrangler Jean blue. Free it from its torment.

Aye heed, aye heed! (I actually kind of love purple and gold together, so that sounds hawt.)
DUDE!!!! If you have two of these, one AUTOMATICALLY becomes a mod/refin project!! I'm pretty sure it's in the Forum rules or somewhere:rolleyes:
Oh, it's already in progress. It got packed away in mid-mod, unfortunately, but it's definitely getting a black Mann bridge and new pickups, probably Fralins.

I believe it is.

The artist sort of applied for the French equivalent of a patent but I don't think ever completed or defended it.

First saw his work in a retrospective at SFMOMA. Would have been @sergiodeblanc's idea of hell.
It almost looks like pure, untarnished azurite.

I have a different problem:
My orange 513 begs me to be refinished in FBJ, but the PTC is really far away.... :(;):p

P7091455_zpsceef6e6b.jpg

Last edited:
vxhf0k.jpg

It's teal... I don't know if she's more blue than green or viceversa, but if guitars whisper to your ears, she will tell you ;)

This one just begged for blueness all over...None more blue.
At the time I didn't know a blue flamed maple fingerboard and tuner buttons were an option...or I might have done that too.
Too Much???
Compensating for something???
Do I need professional help???
Or is this the ideal instrument for Systematic Desensitization of Azuraphobes like you Sergio?

73840DF0-78CB-4EB5-BCB3-508B648E7E25_zpsshcrghaz.jpg

20077ABD-90DB-4B62-8896-8308FCBB16D4_zpsxjjkofbc.jpg

9E01E598-C511-449A-B18F-90A4C7A4BAB2_zpsnvpzyney.jpg

Your guitar spends a majority of its free time meditating, pondering its existence, and searching for its rightful place in the Varna. It faithfully adheres to the Dharma and wishes to be reborn through the process of samsara with an Armando's Amethyst top and an Orange back. It also needs an Om truss rod cover to help it decide if it is Hindu or a Buddhist and it wishes you'd stop putting that leather strap on it. It finds it offensive to their religious beliefs.
:) :)

This one just begged for blueness all over...None more blue.
At the time I didn't know a blue flamed maple fingerboard and tuner buttons were an option...or I might have done that too.
Too Much???
Compensating for something???
Do I need professional help???
Or is this the ideal instrument for Systematic Desensitization of Azuraphobes like you Sergio?

73840DF0-78CB-4EB5-BCB3-508B648E7E25_zpsshcrghaz.jpg

20077ABD-90DB-4B62-8896-8308FCBB16D4_zpsxjjkofbc.jpg

9E01E598-C511-449A-B18F-90A4C7A4BAB2_zpsnvpzyney.jpg
IMHO, that guitar looks perfect the way it is. While I like some of the flamed/stained maple fretboards seen in the PSF thread, I think that would have been too much on this guitar. Tuner buttons too, in this case.

But...if you decide that you want to really get the same one but with flamed/stained fretboard and tuner buttons and you want to offload this beauty, let me know...

Back