If you were going to get a Custom PRS guitar, what would it be?

OG Singlecut and/or Custom 22
Widefat mahogany neck, Ebony board, MOP birds or some version of the block birds, maple binding around the entire neck and headstock. Body color matching veneer with PS eagle inlay.
Phase I tuners with wings that will accommodate LARGE strings
MannMade adjustable bridge
All hardware brass, anodized, gold, hybrid
Single bridge pickup with brushed nickel cover with gold pole pieces, flame maple pickup ring
Single volume
Dragon III pickup - blend of DI’s and Core #7’s
”Figured” maple top as similar to my #1 Custom 22 as possible
”Figured” mahogany back as similar to my Singlecut Standard as possible
A custom version of Purple Dragons Breath Glow
Black paisley HSC

Just off the top of my head…:p:D
I Will Need Detailed Specs From You On This One... ;)

I ordered a once-in-a-lifetime PS in May that was designed with all the features I loved from all the PRS guitars I have owned. To fund it, I sold/am selling all my other PRS guitars except my SE 7-string. It is a Custom 24-08 Semi Hollow with Piezo, trem up-route cavity (Tremonti), maple top, mahogany back, wide-thin roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard and headstock veneer, paua bird outline inlays and PS headstock bird, 85/15 pickups (might throw a Tremonti in the bridge when I get it - artist signature pickups are not doable on non-artist models due to contract issues with artists), Laguna Smokeburst with natural back and sides, mahogany back plates. Its meant to be my swiss army knife of guitars that I will keep forever. I figured if I spend the money now as a 30 year old, I will be able to enjoy the guitar longer than if I bought it later in life. It also ends my obession with constantly buying PRS guitars. Plus, I feel that having the guitar built under the current personnel and culture at PRS and Private Stock team as it is today is a safer bet than waiting for corporate cost-cutting nonsense to potentially ruin PRS years down the road after Paul Smith has moved on.

I ordered a once-in-a-lifetime PS in May that was designed with all the features I loved from all the PRS guitars I have owned. To fund it, I sold/am selling all my other PRS guitars except my SE 7-string. It is a Custom 24-08 Semi Hollow with Piezo, trem up-route cavity (Tremonti), maple top, mahogany back, wide-thin roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard and headstock veneer, paua bird outline inlays and PS headstock bird, 85/15 pickups (might throw a Tremonti in the bridge when I get it - artist signature pickups are not doable on non-artist models due to contract issues with artists), Laguna Smokeburst with natural back and sides, mahogany back plates. Its meant to be my swiss army knife of guitars that I will keep forever. I figured if I spend the money now as a 30 year old, I will be able to enjoy the guitar longer than if I bought it later in life. It also ends my obession with constantly buying PRS guitars. Plus, I feel that having the guitar built under the current personnel and culture at PRS and Private Stock team as it is today is a safer bet than waiting for corporate cost-cutting nonsense to potentially ruin PRS years down the road after Paul Smith has moved on.

Congratulations and I think there are a lot of people hoping this doesn’t happen. Having Jamie Mann involved in the company will hopefully mean that Paul’s ethos will continue……hopefully.

I would love a Super Silver Sky à la Suhr but with the PRS treatment. Mahogany body, fancy maple top, 24frets, 10” or 12” radius, dual humbuckers with 5way splits, 2-point tremolo…

Pretty much the Custom 22/24 specs but with the silver sky body. No idea if they would make such a thing though.

I could not pick just one!

1. 8 string jet white with bkp pickups.
2. Prs Tremonti “explorer” prototype

cauxx6ttlhsnkxljtur5.jpg

Whelp, I've been thinking a little about this, and though I'm pretty content with the PRS guitars I have now and don't really have an urge to custom order a guitar, I think it'd be kind of fun to do something like this:

Base platform would be a core Starla build with:

24.5" scale
Korina body
Maple neck
Maple fretboard with purple 20th birds
Flame maple headstock overlay with purpley eagle inlay
Flame maple pickguard
all with a nice translucent purple burst finish, front and back

and to this platform I would add this hardware:

bridge pickup: Paul's Guitar TCI treble (zebra bobbins)
middle pickup: JM605
neck pickup: Paul's Guitar TCI bass (zebra bobbins)
switch: 5-way blade w/ purple cap
2x mini toggle: TCI split coil
Volume & Tone: PRS pots with clear/black lampshades
Bigsby
Silver Sky-style vintage locking tuners w/ grey locking nuts and purple buttons...

I think that'd be pretty cool... doubt I could convince the Private Stock guys to do it though...

I think Sweetwater had a run of HB 594s, with a solid rosewood neck and ziricote fingerboard, but with the 24.594 pattern vintage neck. I have both solid body and a semi-hollow 594s. Both are great, but there’s something about the 25” scale solid rosewood necks on my McBrazzy and MEQ that is special. If I ever go Private Stock, that would be the neck.

I don't think it would be very "custom" because I've seen them on retailer websites in the past ... but I want a Custom 24 Floyd Rose in the antique white finish and scraped binding. I could be talked into the same guitar in black as well. They'd have to have the Metal pickups, or maybe some BKP Nailbombs.

Back