Identification of PRS Electric Guitar

admiralblair

Hi, I am new to the forum - and to PRS Guitars.

I am just in the process of buying my first having had almost everything else over the years.

It has come from a friend of mine who bought it new in '94 he thinks, but he cannot give any other details other than he has had new machine heads put on when the originals failed.

Any advice as to what it is would be great, then I can look up the going rate on ebay etc and we can agree a price.

The serial is 378875.

front.jpg

serial.jpg

body_front.jpg

body_back.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Blair

Yes indeedy, serial dates is to a late 1993 / early 1994 CE22, alder body, maple top, black sunburst, from the heel likely a wide-fat neck.

That is pretty cool because they switched to the mahogany bodies in 1995, so if that's indeed an alder one, many prefer the sound of them.

Judging by the color of the bridge "tray" I would say that it is a two-piece bridge (with the three big bolts) rather than the more coveted one-piece MilCom bridge. They started switching those over around that time; I have a 1993 Standard with a two-piece bridge. Saddles look like they may have been replaced, stap-locks also.

I loves me a good CE!

Last edited:
You are quite correct - now you mention the saddles I remember he said he had had issues with strings breaking and had them replaced with graphite ones.

He is holding the bag of original parts (machineheads and saddles) hostage until we have agreed a price!

Back