Ibanez 25th aniversary.

Hunterfz6

I was readung up on ibanez vs Prs, because I have both guitars and enjoy them both. As far as build quality I think Prs deff has ibanez beat out of the box. My SE custom 24 is spot on with no add ons needed. However, I traded ibanez for ibanez with my brother and he had to do a ton of work for the one I got from him. It is an indo made guitar and the frets wire had to be leveled as the guitar was un playable. He also had to switch out pick ups. My brother is a cork sniffer and has the money so he always mods his guitars to the 9s. Benefit for me it's a very good playing and sounding guitar. Still prefer the no hassle Prs though. The ibby has EMGX 81 and EMGX 85 and they sound great. Also it's hot pink but a paint job is in order. Thinking black with gray flames. Oh I traded him for a ibanez made in 1989 rg 570. I doubt it will ever have a vintage price tag. Cheers.

That's a joke, right? You didn't really trade a Jap RG for an Indonesian model? (Checking to see if it's April 1st...)

I hear you, and your right. However, the person I traded is my brother and he bought the RG570 new. I got it from him on a trade. We traded again, and now it's back to him. I have had the RG570 2 times now. I didn't mind the lop sided trade because he really missed his first guitar he ever bought. The Indo Ibanez with the emgx pickups was just a nice thing for him to give me, since I have been thinking of just giving it back to him. In the real world I'd never have done that trade. Even thought the Japan made RG is better in my hand, i'm really a PRS guy now, and the Indo RG is more or less a closet queen, the RG570 has always been a closet queen and I barely played it. It's nice to plug in and play with the trem every now and then. Happy Thanksgiving!

Back