I passed!!

Take it slow and easy, I've had hand and wrist injuries that have taken me out for as much as a year, as long as the passion is in your heart it will come back on the instrument ...perhaps differently , but still you

I am trying to but already thinking about time I’ve lost. I will never be the player that I want to be. That really upsets me the most. I have basically run out of time. 57,58 this year. Getting older, less flexible, arthritis. I hate it!

Have to become more objective and not a whiny cry baby. Sorry!! I have to STFU!
Take what you've got. Do what you can.

;)

Don't obsess over being Eddie Van Halen. Just work on things that improve your playing and CELEBRATE the gains!

I just need to figure out a plan now.
I am just going to assume that I would be at an intermediate level. And go from there. Everyone’s interpretation is going big to different.

I am using Robert Baker’s videos as references especially his EVH ones. I really like Justin Sandercoe as well. He’s rich enough got to give Robert Baker done love too!
Another vote for Justin

I was at the doctor’s office at 8:30 just in case he was early. The office opens at 8. I sat their just dying inside. I would of been delighted to be at a Greek wedding right then and there to get rid of the anxiety. Smashing as many plates as possible!! It’s 8:45 where is he??? And then who comes waltzing through the door with an ear to ear grin. My doctor. I was so excited. So he took off the support plate and wrap and just looked at. He had me wiggle my fingers, bend them, grip his fingers yards yada. I got sent down for more Ex rays. It did hurt like a partial SOB when I grabbed his wrist with my left hand. All those little nerves around the hamate context to the unlnar(in your elbows) nerves.

But the 49 MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION WAS?Can I attempt to play???? He said EFFING YES but only for 5 - 10 minutes until I see physio guy tomorrow. He said to stop and not to play beyond my threshold. Like he couldn’t tell I was already jumping off the walls doing back flips I was so excited.

I am just trying to get my grip back to where it was. I have to find that sweet spot. I am playing with my Nitefly because it’s so lightweight.

Just playing a very modified mess but that’s okay. My baby finger doesn’t want to bend and use the tip it wants to fret flat now. Can’t do a open D. WTH! This just sucks! Not crossing the line.

I missed each and everyone of my guitars. They’re all in different tunings. They’re a huge part of my life.

I just had to give them a kiss. I know I am crazy but I dfc!!
Congratulations on being cleared to play again. Remember that you are still healing and it will take time to rebuild the strength and dexterity. Be persistent but patient. Maybe try some extra slinky or .008 strings for a bit. Another possibility would be a shorter scale as well. A 24 inch scale with lighter strings would go even easier. I have a Duo-Sonic for days my arthritis makes me pay. It's still a great sounding guitar. Glad your back at it. Music is good for the soul.

Also congratulations, I’m 4 hand surgeries in and still playing. My advice is to commit to memory everything your PT tells you to do, and make it your new religion. I also take Nordic Naturals complete Omega fish oil capsules, and the best turmeric capsules you can get. Perseverance and patience will get you where you want to go. We probably all have arthritis and have to use our brains to work around it. The journey is what we have to enjoy. There’s no destination that will end this.

There’s no destination that will end this.

Well, there is one...

well-this-sucks.jpg

And we probably won't be remembered the way we deserve.

i-was-hoping-for-a-pyramid-on-tombstone-280388-5bda087d46e0fb0051a5ed0b.jpg

Back