I met Larry!

Dusty Chalk

alberngruppenführer
Yes, that Larry*. Apparently he works at Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center -- first time there in decades.

*The one that the color, "Angry Larry", is named after. His 20 year guitar is a one piece quilt top that is that beautiful colour. The way he told the story, he didn't want to have anything to do with it after it was named, but...he told the story, so...¯(°_o)/¯

Ha! I'm not sure they still call the color that anymore? That's what I heard anyway. Maybe because he doesn't work there anymore? All hearsay and speculation though. Did he start turning that color when he was talking about it? :biggrin:

I've got one of those....2011 10 Top Studio in Angry Larry. Quick crappy pic included.

20150815_085640_zpsmj1iyzqg.jpg

I've got one of those....2011 10 Top Studio in Angry Larry. Quick crappy pic included.

20150815_085640_zpsmj1iyzqg.jpg

That AC/DC caricature/painting looks pretty cool...love to see more of that....oh and...very nice guitar too!

That AC/DC caricature/painting looks pretty cool...love to see more of that....oh and...very nice guitar too!

I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I started an "Artwork for Tosca" thread.

Lollers -- this thread was over after the first post, it can go anywhere it wants.

bodia, xjbebop -- those are beautiful!
Ha! I'm not sure they still call the color that anymore? That's what I heard anyway. Maybe because he doesn't work there anymore? All hearsay and speculation though. Did he start turning that color when he was talking about it? :biggrin:
No, he didn't. He was actually very patient and mellow and helpful and spent a lot of time with me and answered my questions. And he didn't really name the colour, the story he told was -- they were trying a bunch of different colours out, and he liked that one, so they did one up, and it looked marvelous, so -- because he runs a democratic organization -- he let the others name it, and that's the name that had already been decided on.

I don't know if they don't still call it that or that it's just not in their core/artist line of colours any more. I think either the Dustie Warring or the Mark Holcomb come in colours close to it, though. It might be the same colour in which case you'd be right, they renamed it.

It is a pretty spectacular colour, though I haven't seen one in person yet. Now that you mention it, I have seen angry people turn that colour before, but only in cartoons. :D

Last edited:
Back