Gibson comes out with 2 new guitar models after two YouTuber's. LOL

Revelation

I love Rick Beatos videos. He interviews many famous artists and he does a great job. He will discuss what chords Peter Frampton uses on a song. Apparently that is enough for Gibson to name a guitar after him and Marty Swartz who also is a YouTuber. The sign of the times. Lol

I remember when guitar modesl were named after great guitar players like John Mayer, Santana, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Larry Carlton. Rick and Marty are no where even close to these players. Bit the marketing department think it's a good idea.

I love Rick Beatos videos. He interviews many famous artists and he does a great job. He will discuss what chords Peter Frampton uses on a song. Apparently that is enough for Gibson to name a guitar after him and Marty Swartz who also is a YouTuber. The sign of the times. Lol

I remember when guitar modesl were named after great guitar players like John Mayer, Santana, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Larry Carlton. Rick and Marty are no where even close to these players. Bit the marketing department think it's a good idea.
Sign of the times, indeed.

I’m waiting for Paul’s call asking to do a Rick Park signature model. I just need serial number 00001, and everything else can go 100% to a local food bank. Come on, Mr Smith. People need this!

I don't see any problem with Youtubers getting signature guitars, if anything if gives people more options. Have no interest in the Beato guitar, but I'm sure someone out there is happy to get the option that I don't think Gibson has really had except for the $4k+ custom shop version of the DC LP.

PRS has a Tremonti signature guitar, I personally don't think he's a particularly special or influential player, but his signature guitar has a combination of fairly unique specs I like and I'm really happy I have the option to get one.

I think Musicman did a guitar for a YouTuber in the UK as well...not my thing to be honest but if the specs and price are good I'm always interested lol

I think Musicman did a guitar for a YouTuber in the UK as well...not my thing to be honest but if the specs and price are good I'm always interested lol
Rabea Massaad. To be fair he has been in a few bands and has a few albums out.
I've got no problem with guitarist who are popular in YouTube getting signature models. If they're popular they are popular, doesn't really matter how they got to be popular.

I don't see any problem with Youtubers getting signature guitars, if anything if gives people more options. Have no interest in the Beato guitar, but I'm sure someone out there is happy to get the option that I don't think Gibson has really had except for the $4k+ custom shop version of the DC LP.

PRS has a Tremonti signature guitar, I personally don't think he's a particularly special or influential player, but his signature guitar has a combination of fairly unique specs I like and I'm really happy I have the option to get one.
I'd make the argument that for a time CREED was huge.
I listened to a lot of them in high school and college.
Watch their Woodstock '99 set. Holds up.

Alterbridge hadn't had the same mass appeal. Mark is stlll a monster guitar player.

I don't seek out signature gear. I am not one that wants to buy all of the gear my favorite players use. I do have a few pieces of signature gear but I bought them for the features and tones they have.

The first one I bought was a Peavey JSX 2x12 combo. I played a ton of gigs with that amp. I bought it because the clean channel does not break up at all, even when cranked. It was designed that way and takes pedals very well. The crunch channel is fantastic and was my main drive sound for a long time.

I think the only guitar I have that is a signature model is my DGT. I bought it because of the specs and tones. I also bought the one I have because it was made in a finish that was not a color you could choose when ordering one and I really like it.

II have a custom built Suhr Modern that has Aldrich pickups in it. I did not choose those. They came with the guitar. They are good sounding pickups but they were never a thought in my mind when I bought the guitar.

The most recent are some pedals. I bought the Keeley Super AT Mod and then bought a second one. I then bought the JHS AT+. These are great pedals and do exactly what I like a dirt pedal to do. I wasn't even familiar with who Andy was. I heard his work when he was in danger danger but had no idea who he was. All I can say is that he and I like the same thing in dirt pedals.

I don't mind buying a piece of gear with an artists name attached but I don't go looking for them because of the name. I also don't like paying more because that name is on there. I got good deals on all of the signature items I have purchased and don't feel that I paid more for the name.

Alterbridge hadn't had the same mass appeal. Mark is stlll a monster guitar player.
It's a different story outside the US...here in Europe you would hardly find anyone knowing what Creed is (a movie about a boxer, right?). Alter Bridge is moderately huge, able to fill arenas and headline rock-metal festivals.

I am happy for any guitarist that gets enough notice that a guitar company will give them a sig, be they a YouTuber or a rock star or a busker. Kudos to Gibson for recognizing a couple of players that are making a difference at the moment.

This is a different world now and we consume music media differently. Guitar companies are wise to this now and are placing a lot of emphasis on social media popularity when courting signature artists.

Rick is extremely deserving. He's a monster player and has more knowledge of pure theory than any of us ever will, having studied jazz guitar in college. He does showcase a PRS custom 24 from time to time in his vids.

This is also hardly a new thing. Darrell Braun got a sig a while ago from an Italian company, the name I cannot remember. Rabea just joined MM and will be getting a sig. Brave new world we live in. The days of having to sell a million albums and tour the world for years to get a sig are more or less over.

Those players were pioneering players for their day but that was decades ago and I don't get why people get stuck in periods of time with guitar heros. "Oh no one can compare to them". Being closed minded is the worst thing a musician can be. Heck, I can't understand what Tim Henson from Polyphia is doing most of the time, but I do know that Clapton is so far in the rear view from him in terms of talent, that you'd need a telescope to see him.

Oh and if you actually watch Rick play the guitar when he means it, Rick can toast any one of those players you mentioned.

Rabea Massaad. To be fair he has been in a few bands and has a few albums out.
I've got no problem with guitarist who are popular in YouTube getting signature models. If they're popular they are popular, doesn't really matter how they got to be popular.

Rabea has got a lot of respect from PRS and so has Pete Honoré.

Rick Beato's fame via his YouTube channel is almost an insult to the talent he has, and the projects he's done. He's been involved in so many things, and has such immense talent on so many instruments, it's a shame he isn't known for those sides of him instead.

But, I'll admit I knew nothing of him until I stumbled on him on YouTube.

I won't buy one of those guitars, because they don't really call to me, but kudos to him for making them happen (and sell out), and donating the proceeds.

Maybe not but Myles Kennedy is a very underrated musician all round.
His Solo albums and work with Slash as well as Alterbridge is phenomenal.
Saw Alterbridge in New Orleans.
Over 2 hour set and Myles voice never wavered once.
Incredible stuff.

I remember there was a line in a rap song "I just wanna chill and sell more records than Creed". They were definitely really popular at one time at least in the US.

Back