Gibson comes out with 2 new guitar models after two YouTuber's. LOL

I love gibson, have mixed feelings about beato. Not really a fan of sig guitars anyways so I don't really care who they get handed out to.

No one's "signature gear" was used to make their most iconic music :p

Last edited:
I love Rick Beato’s stuff because it’s fun to play his lessons and I dig that he really does try to help people learn and appreciate music of all genres.

Saw his Sig get sold out and then people trying to profit 1.5-2x on it via reverb. Decided that it wasn’t in the cards.

Then I got my 25th Anni Mira and forgot totally about his Sig!

I love gibson, have mixed feelings about beato. Not really a fan of sig guitars anyways so I don't really care who they get handed out to.

No one's "signature gear" was used to make their most iconic music :p
Before my time, players like Charlie Christian, Chet Atkins, and Les Paul had some big projects going and hits with their signature models. Santana had Supernatural and some other things hit with the PRS named for him.

David Grissom has done some pretty big sessions and tours with the DGT. And there's Tremonti.

But of course, you had to have made some of the iconic music in order to get the sig model in the first place.

Now...just be a YouTube person with self-produced videos. I kinda don't get it, but then, I don't get much of anything any more! ;)

I think guitar/gear companies will name anything after anyone at this point. other than Rick's videos, I know nothing about him. I guess he has a band back in the late 90's called Billionaire, but otherwise I know nothing of him. We live in an age of the guitar influencer, as cringe as they are sometimes, but they are big names that people know, even if nobody can name a single song they've ever done (Jared Dines, Rob Scallion, Sophie Burrell).

Then I guess you have the Joe Bonamassa side of things. Good guitar player, has some decent music (though not my taste at all), but my lord....I thought Grandpatallica had a merch store for the ages, but they aint got nothing on Joe. I swear there is a JB signature everything these days, I feel like half the entire Epiphone lineup is JB signatures. Alex Lifeson has what, one? FFS

I think guitar/gear companies will name anything after anyone at this point. other than Rick's videos, I know nothing about him. I guess he has a band back in the late 90's called Billionaire, but otherwise I know nothing of him. We live in an age of the guitar influencer, as cringe as they are sometimes, but they are big names that people know, even if nobody can name a single song they've ever done (Jared Dines, Rob Scallion, Sophie Burrell).

Then I guess you have the Joe Bonamassa side of things. Good guitar player, has some decent music (though not my taste at all), but my lord....I thought Grandpatallica had a merch store for the ages, but they aint got nothing on Joe. I swear there is a JB signature everything these days, I feel like half the entire Epiphone lineup is JB signatures. Alex Lifeson has what, one? FFS
Joe taking the KISS model a few extra miles ... LOL!!!

Before my time, players like Charlie Christian, Chet Atkins, and Les Paul had some big projects going and hits with their signature models. Santana had Supernatural and some other things hit with the PRS named for him.

David Grissom has done some pretty big sessions and tours with the DGT. And there's Tremonti.

But of course, you had to have made some of the iconic music in order to get the sig model in the first place.

Now...just be a YouTube person with self-produced videos. I kinda don't get it, but then, I don't get much of anything any more! ;)
Wait. What? There was actually a time before your time??? o_O

I don't see any problem with Youtubers getting signature guitars, if anything if gives people more options. Have no interest in the Beato guitar, but I'm sure someone out there is happy to get the option that I don't think Gibson has really had except for the $4k+ custom shop version of the DC LP.

PRS has a Tremonti signature guitar, I personally don't think he's a particularly special or influential player, but his signature guitar has a combination of fairly unique specs I like and I'm really happy I have the option to get one.
My theory is that Paul sets up signature guitars for the players that he likes. The player then gets a signature model exactly to his specifications. I had an SE Tremonti, and it was a fantastic guitar. Unfortunately, I couldn’t handle the weight by the third set. At any rate, notoriety doesn’t cause me personally to buy/ not buy a guitar. The usability of the features is everything to me. All of the players that Paul has given a Sig to are outstanding. His company, his choice. I may not like all of the players, but I respect their abilities because they are all outstanding. Some of the other companies do it based on notoriety. Their choice. I‘d like to think that we don’t buy it if it doesn’t have high value as a musical instrument. Name be damned.

Last edited:
Life's a short, fast ride.

You'll marvel at how quickly 'old' happens.

Younger people already think YOU are past it. ;)
No kidding. I was going thru old records/photos yesterday and found an award I won at the county fair...in 1994. 29 years ago. I was six. I am shocked at how much time flew by since then, and how easily too.

Make no mistake, I’m a Gen-X’er…we’re up next!:p:D
No kidding. I was going thru old records/photos yesterday and found an award I won at the county fair...in 1994. 29 years ago. I was six. I am shocked at how much time flew by since then, and how easily too.
Back when I was a boy lawyer of 24, I worked for a firm with an overbearing office manager. One day as I was sitting in my boss' office going over a case, she came in and started complaining that I was overloading the legal assistants with papers.

I got angry, and said, "You're so old you aren't even aware of what's going on. I'm supposed to be cranking out this work."

She was about 30.

Back