I Love This Forum But….

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. I completely get it. It's not the cost of hosting/storage or the technical lift. Some of you may recall that on our old platform, we used to host photos but it became a copyright issue, which is not a lot of fun and is expensive to deal with.

We'll try to revisit the legality eventually, but I hope this suffices for now. I regularly browse a few hi-fi forums that get a lot more traffic than our community here and this is how they handle it. A friction point for users, for sure. I get it!

On the Roon forum we had quite a number of mega threads with 3 to 4000 posts with a huge number of hosted photos.

I love Roon! Longtime daily user here!

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. I completely get it. It's not the cost of hosting/storage or the technical lift. Some of you may recall that on our old platform, we used to host photos but it became a copyright issue, which is not a lot of fun and is expensive to deal with.

We'll try to revisit the legality eventually, but I hope this suffices for now. I regularly browse a few hi-fi forums that get a lot more traffic than our community here and this is how they handle it. A friction point for users, for sure. I get it!
So You're Sayin' There's A Chance. :)

I love Roon! Longtime daily user here!
Great to hear!
Pop in the forum and say hi sometime.
My old handle here, Acerimmer, is my username there.
We are a friendly bunch....:cool:

Tell That To The Common Core Folks. Ha! ;)

My kids learned that way. My daughter asked for help one night and I explained something to her, and she said, "That's not the way we were taught." So I asked her to show me, and it was that new method, and my son (who was maybe 6 or 7 at the time) said, "That's just stupid."

At one of the parent/teacher nights, one of their math teachers was showing us their new smart board, and she gave us all these little remotes to show how she could put up a question, then each student could answer. It was a decently advanced equation, but she said to go ahead and click on an answer when she showed the question, then said, "And then, I can show the results, and if anyone had gotten it right...wait, one of you got this right?" Duh, yeah, we all isn't as dumb as you thinks we is. Completely threw her off her presentation, and about four times she looked at me and said, "You really got that right?" When we walked out, my wife said, "I think you ruined her night. Good."

The randos rating my photos on Imgur crack me up. I’ll never understand. I only tag them so anybody that searches on google can find them. And I only use Imgur for guitar photos since I can’t directly upload here

Sry, it doesn`t work.
I do collect early PRS and would like to share my pics as soon as I can post pics directly from my computer.
I´m one of the moderators of a german forum called "Musiker Board" and I believe, that we do have much more traffic because of the possibility to share pics of our loved guitars.

May I post the link here? If not I will destroy it (the link, not the Musiker Board....^^)

https://www.musiker-board.de/forum/prs-paul-reed-smith.812/

Last edited:
I wish they'd get this fixed, because I have HUNDREDS of Julie Bowen pics that I want to put up and I KNOW everyone wants to see them. (plus, I need to get them off my computer before my wife finds them!)
Stop taping the pix to your monitor and your wife will not find them!

Back