Got a compliment on my "TONE" today

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Not sure what part of the forum this belongs in, but, I am pretty stoked that the sound guy, who was running the board at today's gig, made it a point to come up to me after the set and tell me how much he liked my tone! :) He said that he didn't know that "one of those boards" [referring to modelers] could get that kind of sound. As a sound man, every time he sees one of those, they plug in through a DI (which I guess is sort of the point of using a modeler). I was pushing the front end of my Hot Rod DeVille (not the highest end amp in most people's minds) and the feel of actual tubes seemed to impress him. I told him, one of these days I will learn enough about that board to plug in direct. But, for now, it is mainly for effects to push my amp from the front. I don't even have it plugged into my effects loop (I have a lion tamer plugged in there).

[pic for attention, but it IS the setup I was using today]

20220317_155333_by_klbryanphotography_df1wquc-fullview.jpg

I dig the Hot Rod amps. I used the Headrush direct for the last 5 years and received lots of positive feedback. I recently moved on to the the Neural DSP Quad Cortex, and it's ridiculous. Rock on!

The sound man was listening? Wow. That’s two wins for you!
Yeah man. Some of the stuff that is up on that stage over the couple of weeks that this event runs is sort of....well.....lets just say it wouldn't be exciting all the time for the guys running the sound. We went in and sprinkled in like 5 Christmas tunes and the rest we used the opportunity to jam out our original stuff, plug the upcoming album that is in the works, and dropped in a "recognizable" cover. I guess he was feeling like it was an upgrade to some of what he was working with...... lol

Back