I’m so ready for summer

Was it me? Because I totally wear real speedos.

If it fits in a Speedo, it belongs in a Speedo I always say.
No, but one of my best friends used to wear one when we went to the beach and we all used to just cringe when he'd peel his other shorts off. He wasn't badly built or anything, (D1 baseball pitcher at the time) but was 6'5" and maybe not quite as toned as some of his basketball friends. He was a big time player and was always talking to the ladies at the beach. This is not the "story" but I can't tell you how many times we'd see girls snickering at him... and he didn't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but one of my best friends used to wear one when we went to the beach and we all used to just cringe when I'd peal his other shorts off. He wasn't badly built or anything, (D1 baseball pitcher at the time) but was 6'5" and maybe not quite as toned as some of his basketball friends. He was a bit time player and was always talking to the ladies at the beach.

I think I'll just stick to minding the landscaping after this...

Well, summer here is like winter everywhere else. You stay inside as much as possible and blast the air conditioning. At least this year, I've been getting the pool ready, last year we got taken over by black algae and stopped swimming in July. Cousin Eddie isn't coming over this year after infecting our pool like that, the bastard.

Well, summer here is like winter everywhere else. You stay inside as much as possible and blast the air conditioning. At least this year, I've been getting the pool ready, last year we got taken over by black algae and stopped swimming in July. Cousin Eddie isn't coming over this year after infecting our pool like that, the bastard.

But Cousin Eddie’s cousin is still invited, yeah?

Of course he didn’t. Speedo guys have self confidence.

And every woman I have ever picked up started by snickering at me, it’s a good technique.

oh yeah, like I said, it wasn't like he was overweight or not a handsome guy or whatever. I mean, he didn't look like this...

e362fcf8e231e90e63f5bb3cc3edff059bda3114.png

CP, I don't say this often, but look closely at the pic (blue stripe down the side, has white letters SPEEDO) and maybe you'll "get" the ongoing Speedo joke. THOSE ARE SPEEDOS! Longest swim trunks I own, but they are Speedos. THAT is the ongoing joke about my Speedos.

If you think I ever wore the normal thing people think, when they think Speedo, then trust me, I did not. I could pull them off in a pinch, though. No pun intended.
I’m here to say, when Mark Spitz was a national hero, the American flag Speedo was all the rage. Had one, wore one. Granted, I was probably 9yrs old, but I remember taking advanced swimming and diving classes at the IUPUI (that’s what it is now) natatorium in Indy in the early 70s...all in that Speedo. That swim suit would now fit on my foot.

Dude, it's Taco Tuesday, and 4/20.....get baked and eat. Snow will have melted before you lose your buzz.
Nothing (ok, mostly) but Mexican food for the last 2 days. Includes Dos Equis and Modelo...lots (and I’ve all but given up beer at home)...but this is vacation and zero chance of snow at Disney World. No dispensaries or “buzz carts” on property, unless it ends in “Lightyear”.

Oh, wait...Buzz Lightyear on 4/20...so many marketing options that would surely have the Disney lawyers on your a$$ in seconds.

Back