I’m so ready for summer

Back in my day, they wore the Speedos on the outside ....

Ac4ANfR.jpg

Yesterday I cut the grass at my parents house (about 3-4 acres of mowing). Three inches of snow is expected by morning. Eliot did say April is the cruelest month.

Anyway, I look better now than I have in several years, but I do not foresee my donning speedos. I might, might get some mountain bike shorts, though.

I wore a speedo once..................ONCE.

It was the cool thing to wear on the Scout Camp waterfront in the early to mid 80's. Two problems, I became very self conscious of my body once puberty kicked in, and I couldn't swim. Its not that I didn't know how, because I did. It was that i had about a 2% body fat percentage. At 165 pounds, I sank with my lungs full of air. Anyway it was no longer cool to wear a speedo if I couldn't swim. So I switched to running shorts for the rest of the summer.

Yesterday I cut the grass at my parents house (about 3-4 acres of mowing). Three inches of snow is expected by morning. Eliot did say April is the cruelest month.

Anyway, I look better now than I have in several years, but I do not foresee my donning speedos. I might, might get some mountain bike shorts, though.

Commendations.

I hope to tend to some landscaping/yardwork this weekend. The yew bushes are overgrown, and need trimming back, big time. A younger, more able buddy of mine will help while I spot him on a utility ladder. I'd last all of 15 minutes holding an electric hedge trimmer myself, plus no one as a spotter, just in a case. There's likely much more than 15 minutes of trimming involved than I can handle myself.

It's still a bit early to break out the BBQ grill, so to reward my coworker, we'll share a meal together and some beers, and swap swimsuit malfunction stories.

The apartment landscaping crews arrived early this morning mowing lawns and blowing debris from surfaces. Slept through it like a boss. Weather gal said a warm front was approaching with rain/gusty winds, followed by a sharp temperature cold front drop into the upper 40's, then by Friday / Saturday, warming back into the 60s and 70s, just in time for my yardwork.

As a side note, I personally hope to clean house tomorrow and get rid of my excess and/or unnecessary items that are cluttering the apartment. My buddy will receive a bunch of cookbooks someone donated to me, but I've no inclination to even peek inside these since the cookbooks are mostly special dietary books. My buddy and his girlfriend can use the books better than I, so this will free up a good portion of shelf space.

Canned goods and staples that have languished in the pantry too long will be weeded out, and old clothing donated or repurposed. I've got way too many spare packaging cartons that contained delivered items that I'd kept just in case the items might need storage or sale. Time to put an end to the clutter and organize the storage areas.

The clutter redo will require all day, and I'll likely throw out more pieces of cardboard than I care to admit. Anyway, if perhaps you folks don't hear from me Wednesday, you'll know what I'll be doing cleaning house.

I hope to tend to some landscaping/yardwork this weekend. The yew bushes are overgrown, and need trimming back, big time. A younger, more able buddy of mine will help while I spot him on a utility ladder. I'd last all of 15 minutes holding an electric hedge trimmer myself, plus no one as a spotter, just in a case. There's likely much more than 15 minutes of trimming involved than I can handle myself.

Hmmm, I can't decide for sure... I'm going to have to throw this one to the judges for a ruling... Judges, what say ye?

Euphemism???

It's either that or, like totally random. Which is also a distinct possibility. And for some reason, I can never seem to get a handle on it (no pun intended) when CP says these things. o_O

Hmmm, I can't decide for sure... I'm going to have to throw this one to the judges for a ruling... Judges, what say ye?

Euphemism???

It's either that or, like totally random. Which is also a distinct possibility. And for some reason, I can never seem to get a handle on it (no pun intended) when CP says these things. o_O
:D
BBzLfik.gif

Commendations.

It's still a bit early to break out the BBQ grill, so to reward my coworker, we'll share a meal together and some beers, and swap swimsuit malfunction stories.

The apartment landscaping crews arrived early this morning mowing lawns and blowing debris from surfaces. Slept through it like a boss. Weather gal said a warm front was approaching with rain/gusty winds, followed by a sharp temperature cold front drop into the upper 40's, then by Friday / Saturday, warming back into the 60s and 70s, just in time for my yardwork.

As a side note, I personally hope to clean house tomorrow and get rid of my excess and/or unnecessary items that are cluttering the apartment. My buddy will receive a bunch of cookbooks someone donated to me, but I've no inclination to even peek inside these since the cookbooks are mostly special dietary books. My buddy and his girlfriend can use the books better than I, so this will free up a good portion of shelf space.

Canned goods and staples that have languished in the pantry too long will be weeded out, and old clothing donated or repurposed. I've got way too many spare packaging cartons that contained delivered items that I'd kept just in case the items might need storage or sale. Time to put an end to the clutter and organize the storage areas.

The clutter redo will require all day, and I'll likely throw out more pieces of cardboard than I care to admit. Anyway, if perhaps you folks don't hear from me Wednesday, you'll know what I'll be doing cleaning house.
Reminds me to do some Hoovering one of these days. I think I'll wear something other than a speedo.

Euphemism???

Perhaps not random, but actual yardwork/landscaping that my buddy and I will be doing. In the spirit of humor, we likely won't be wearing speedos, or shaping the hedges like a giraffe or such, but wearing work clothing suited for the job.

Normally, the apartments' landscaping crew should have theoretically done the work last autumn, but they cheaped out on their contract last year and didn't do all that was requested.

So, in order to prevent possible fires occurring from the overgrown bushes extending into my patio area over the gas grill (now you see my point), the hedge trimming needs doing.

Reminds me to do some Hoovering one of these days. I think I'll wear something other than a speedo.

That reminds me, now that my storage closet is freed up of old cardboard cartons, today would be a good day to dust and vacuum, before this weekend's work party.

I'm currently making a batch of sausage mushroom stuffing that will accompany a bacon wrapped pork loin for the work party dinner. Gotta reward the guests if you put them to work, ya know...

Perhaps not random, but actual yardwork/landscaping that my buddy and I will be doing. In the spirit of humor, we likely won't be wearing speedos, or shaping the hedges like a giraffe or such, but wearing work clothing suited for the job.
:D:D

Back