How many people own a 305?

Thanks for posting and not letting my thread hang out there sergio! I think you would dig it given your love of the ce's and maple necks.

In terms of what would be a really practical guitar for me, I think a 305 should be at the top of my list. I am moving more towards the Fender side of things with the music I have been creating and just don't enjoy playing Strats and Teles, I love the sound but hate the ergonomics. I really have to check a 305 out!

I have a great one I picked up from Markie. Maple neck AND Ebony FB. As you would expect its bright and punchy, but it's heavier sounding than a Strat. I assume it's that mahogany body that balances it out.
DSC09671.jpg

I have a great one I picked up from Markie. Maple neck AND Ebony FB. As you would expect its bright and punchy, but it's heavier sounding than a Strat. I assume it's that mahogany body that balances it out.
DSC09671.jpg

Damn! That is so hot!

Those white ones are nice...as are the fancy ones, too!

They're great sounding guitars.

so is this actually in fact the Daniel mod? It's killer...

That mod pre-dates Daniel too. His middle name is "." :)

One more for Hans

Hey Daniel, I heard a rumor that there was video out there, somewhere, of a guy grinding that lip off the top of his Archtop.

Not with a grinder...

Not with a file...

But on the sidewalk!

So what's the connection between this beauty and Mr. Beck?

Last edited:
I have a 25th Anniversary that hits all the bullet points: tone, feel, sustain. Just a special instrument.

I love my 305, if I could only keep 3 guitars for the rest of my life it would be the 305, my Hollowbody II SC, and my 1956 goldtop Les Paul.

I own two and bit (ones a 407). One factory and two PS. One of PRS' most underrated models.

25th-anniversary-305-smoked-amber--159597-lg1.jpg

FT305a.jpg

Mine is a 25th Anniversary... with the shadow birds which I really dig! 25ths are not hum cancelling in positions 2 & 4, just like old strats. Tone is beefier than a strat, maybe set neck helps too. It's definitely a keeper.

I've had a couple of them. The first had then513 neck and I never did get used to it so I let it go. The second was antique white with maple board and neck with dirt birds...that one was terrific and I miss it. Gas is a cruel mistress!

Back