How Many Are Too Many

Well, I've identified two guitars that I'm going to try and sell.
One is a PRS, the other a Taylor acoustic.
See how it goes. From what little info I can glean, the used market from a sellers POV isn't the best right now.

All my instruments do something different from the other instruments. So even though I have many, it's difficult to let one go.

I completely empathize. I would very much like to downsize my gear and abode. The problem with selling off PRS guitars is the market. The problem with selling off the abode is that I love where we live. So I remain with too many guitars/amps in a house that is too large for our meager needs.

I can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet......come on mods, do your job before too many people buy into this!!!

I'd never put them in storage, that just sounds like a bad idea. I know the feeling about have too many guitars. I often feel the same way and sometimes think about selling them. I've actually sold all my non PRS guitars but now have too many PRS guitars. I love them and though I don't play all of them, I just don't have the heart to sell them.

I'd never put them in storage, that just sounds like a bad idea. I know the feeling about have too many guitars. I often feel the same way and sometimes think about selling them. I've actually sold all my non PRS guitars but now have too many PRS guitars. I love them and though I don't play all of them, I just don't have the heart to sell them.

Hey bro' ... I empathize, your singin' my song ... exactly the same as me. :)

For the record ... I did not resurrect this thread.

Last edited:
Through no fault of my own, I have had to liquidate all but one guitar and one amp on three separate occasions.
Now, if I had to do it, even though I would not like it, I could do it much easier.

The hard part for me, is deciding which one of the guitars and amps I own, that I would keep.
My rationale has been, in the past, to keep the one guitar I could not replace, due to either the company not being around any longer, or due to the financial worth of the piece, which I might not again be able to afford to purchase.

As bad a thought as it might be to have to liquidate, using that way of thinking has helped me through it.

Last edited:
I say show us your guitars and we'll help you decide which ones to keep :)
I'll list 'em.
The PRS 408.
3 stratocasters, a legacy of my days onstage. If I could lose anything, it would be one or two of these.
A Turser 12 string, modeled on Rickenbacker.
A Rogue sitar-guitar with symp strings (like the old Coral sitar).
A Robelli jazz box with floated pickup.
An old Harmony dreadnought acoustic (no pickup).
A Turser acoustic-electric.

A Warwick Corvette (2001 German) fretless 4 string bass.
A Peavey neck-thru 4 string bass.
A Conklin 7-string bass.

A sitar, double toomba.

Back