Hot ebony pics + SE Custom fret questions

alex1fly

Hey everyone, new to the forum and a happy new owner of a PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (2019). I have to thank the quarantine for this guitar, because I was away visiting family when the shelter orders came down and was able to stay with the family for many, many weeks while working remotely. I needed a nice axe to continue my studies so I picked up this bad boy from Reverb (I have three posts, hopefully this works!): https://reverb.com/item/33116320-paul-reed-smith-se-floyd-custom-24-2017-2020

It's an incredible playing experience. I had an SE Soapbar II back in the day, but sold it for whatever reason and I've missed having a PRS SE since then. Now I do and it's a better player than I could have imagined. Near perfect intonation up and down the board - I can play a E-shape barre chord starting on the 15th fret and it rings out like crazy in perfect tune.

I'm wondering a couple things about the specs of the guitar that I haven't been able to ascertain from PRS' website or others.

What is the fret material?
What is the fret size?
Why do the two PRS SEs I've owned feel better and let me be more expressive and musical than any other guitars I've ever played in my 20 years of jamming? This is rhetorical, ha

Thanks, nice to e-meet you all!

Alex

Wow! That's an amazing top, congrats and welcome! You're gonna love it long time!

Keep hanging around here and you'll have more soon!

Sweet guitar! Welcome to the forum.

The fret material is PRS specific. It's close to the hardest thing you can get besides stainless steel. Some type of nickel alloy, IIRC. Not entirely sure on the size.

Wow! That's an amazing top, congrats and welcome! You're gonna love it long time!

Keep hanging around here and you'll have more soon!

Haha I'm already plotting to sell my lesser-loved guitars to fund another SE!

11top - thanks for correcting me via Bill Murray. I'll see if I can change the thread title. Though "hot ebony pics" brings on a totally different connotation :rolleyes:

Back