Hey You - Shut Up! The New CE ROCKS!

Not gonna lie, I REALLY love the top. That kinda figure speaks to me...

Congrats!!

I really like the looks of that guitar.The carve looks great to me.

Last edited:
Dude!!! Srsly, HNGD!!! Thank you for posting the info!!

I for one am super impressed from what I have seen!!

I'd take it any day! For around S2 money... no brainer. Make mine cherry red or cherry sunburst.

Congrats! Two this week, huh? How could you possibly be Cantakerous???

HNGD and that is a beaut! Beyond that, if you got it for a price of an S2 than you got way more than your monies worth!

I'm still on the fence on these but you are certainly pulling me in!!!!

Congratulations on the new guitar! I'm glad you got it for a more reasonable price. That was my only beef with the new ce. It looks great!

Am I the only one that gets seriously creeped out when people anthropomorphize inanimate objects?

That said, it's a really nice looking guitar. I'm really interested if they come out with a CE22, because that's something I think I would jump all over, if for nothing else but to get the neck finish.

Looks sharp, man! Since it's a shallower carve, is the body thinner than the old CE?

Much like the S2 series, you can see the compromises, but again they look to be smartly made.

The steel block of the SE trem makes sense for the bolt on, actually. Should make for a snappy tone you won't find elsewhere from the brand.

Geez, i just realized i never offered a congrats. I read through the thread the other day, and even commented on it at the other place, But never said congrats.
So congratulations Carl. Im glad your enjoying that guitar.

Geez, i just realized i never offered a congrats. I read through the thread the other day, and even commented on it at the other place, But never said congrats.
So congratulations Carl. Im glad your enjoying that guitar.
Ouch! Me too. About forgetting to offer congratulations. Definitely congratulations are in order, and I really enjoy your offerings in this forum. One reason I keep re-reading these posts. Keep it up, my man!

Beautiful guitar, Carl! One day I'll own a CE, the new ones look great, but I wouldn't sniff at an original run either. But I do like birds, and wanna try the new pups...so the new ones are preferable!

I have not seen one in person but I really like the new top carve in the pictures. The flush mount knobs look great and I can see how the rim around the edge of the top can cause crazy sanding times which add costs and be a comfort issue. Kind of like the move from the deep dish les pauls to the traditional carve on the body?

Back