HELP US BUILD A PRIVATE STOCK! April 2016

Hey folks- Lets see if we can get a few more top wood responses today and I will post the next category this afternoon! Help spread the word, we need some more votes!

Alright, looks like one piece quilt maple is the winner!
So, we have a 594 semi-hollow, one piece quilt maple top.

Question #3
What should the body wood be?
Some options: Ash, Ribbon Mahogany, Figured Mahogany, Black Limba, etc. etc.

Also - If you are thinking a One piece quilt maple cap on the back to match - please include in your reply!

Black Limba or Korina (which sound the same to me...but the BL is nicer looking).

I think we need to keep in mind this needs to be a balanced sounding instrument, versus a fantasy piece. Maple on the back is going to make it extremely bright and not very warm. My vote is white korina (limba)

I think we need to keep in mind this needs to be a balanced sounding instrument, versus a fantasy piece. Maple on the back is going to make it extremely bright and not very warm.
Not necessarily. A few maple sandwiches have been built before and they weren't especially bright. I think the semi hollow will have more impact on the sound of the guitar than a maple cap on the back.
Not that I'm trying to change your vote or talk you into anything.

And remembering that it is semi hollow, I might switch the middle to mahogany rather than Obeche, especially if it is down with an f hole.

oh geez... this thing is going to be the most expensive private stock ever made if its up to you guys :)

If we're going maple top AND back...why not go full HollowBody with 594 scale length?

Back