Help me find an old friend < PRS HBI McCarty Content >

Blakemore

Most of us at one point or another have sold a guitar we wish we could get back and this is my story.

I was fortunate enough to get a PRS HBI for graduation in 2005. My parents are not big spenders but they knew how long I had wanted one and I was fortunate to be given one. I played that thing like crazy, especially the piezo and then eventually got into other guitars/young-adult financial times and sold it on the bay in 2009, not realizing how sentimental I would become towards it. Hindsight is indeed 20/20.

I sold it to a gentleman in Florida who had it for about a year and then sold it at the Dallas Guitar Show and that is where the trail ends.

I've been looking for it for some time now and just thought I'd throw a few pics up here. Would love to know where it is and what good home it is in. :D

PRS Hollowbody I McCarty 20th Anniversary (2005) with piezo
It is a flame top but has the wider flame that almost give it a quilt like pattern.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. The camera phones back in the day were crap!

1fS8SnKh.png

vrF2FQzh.png

cFs64K5h.png

Nothing on Reverb right now. I'll keep an eye open though. I found a Standard 24 that I sold years ago 2x on reverb. Never could snag it back :(

Nothing on Reverb right now. I'll keep an eye open though. I found a Standard 24 that I sold years ago 2x on reverb. Never could snag it back :(
Thank you!, much appreciated I have setup my Reverb feed to notify anytime anything remotely similar is posted. You saw the 24 twice!?Impressive. Sorry you were not able to snag it.

Thank you!, much appreciated I have setup my Reverb feed to notify anytime anything remotely similar is posted. You saw the 24 twice! Impressive. Sorry you were not able to snag it.

You're welcome! Yeah just bad timing. I'll keep checking from time to time but usually no result. I'll end up getting another Standard at some point.

I have the 2004 model in whale blue, and my wife nagged me a little to dig it out of the closet and give it some love tonight. in some ways that guitar gets less play time than some others because I have no doubt that those HBIs are hands-down fantastic guitars (some of the others I have to test-drive more). Good luck with your search!

Back