Could someone help me identify this guitar?

MisterMagician

I pride myself on being able to find out what mystery guitars are, but what is this thing?

image0.jpeg

I know it's a prs with 1990's lollar style soapbars, but there is no production model hollowbody that has p90's let alone three of them. Found two out of the private stock made around 2005-2007, but this has a 80's/90's style headstock with matching small logo script.

Some more pictures:
Resized-20240325-052843.jpg

Resized-20240325-052920.jpg

Last edited:
This popped up on a different thread, asking about it's authenticity. The general consensus was it was not a genuine PRS guitar.

Lots and lots of stuff off about this guitar, and this is about the only photo we've seen that could either prove or dis-prove this to be genuine or fake.

This popped up on a different thread, asking about it's authenticity. The general consensus was it was not a genuine PRS guitar.

Lots and lots of stuff off about this guitar, and this is about the only photo we've seen that could either prove or dis-prove this to be genuine or fake.
Could I see the thread?

Also updated the op with headstock pictures.

The handwriting on the back of the headstock matches the handwriting on 1992 prs' on reverb. pickups are authentic prs lollar pickups.

Could I see the thread?

Also updated the op with headstock pictures.

The handwriting on the back of the headstock matches the handwriting on 1992 prs' on reverb. pickups are authentic prs lollar pickups.

Look at any headstock (front) photo of a PRS that is posted on-line and draw your own conclusion on the authenticity of the guitar you’re sharing.

There’s one key element that helps a genuine PRS stay in tune ;)

I pride myself on being able to find out what mystery guitars are, but what is this thing?

image0.jpeg

I know it's a prs with 1990's lollar style soapbars, but there is no production model hollowbody that has p90's let alone three of them. Found two out of the private stock made around 2005-2007, but this has a 80's/90's style headstock with matching small logo script.

Some more pictures:
Resized-20240325-052843.jpg

Resized-20240325-052920.jpg

I can tell you it's NOT a Genuine PRS...

Look at any headstock (front) photo of a PRS that is posted on-line and draw your own conclusion on the authenticity of the guitar you’re sharing.

There’s one key element that helps a genuine PRS stay in tune ;)

Appears to be fake. Foremost Sperzl lookalike tuners are untypical part of PRS.
Further on PRS doesn't operates with such volutes at the neck-headstock transition.
Additionally the printed serial and 10 top.

Headstock proportions are all out of whack. Truss rod cover is wrong. Sofa king fake! 🙃

I noticed all of these things as well from the headstock front and back pictures. I quickly noticed a few things in the other thread with the picture of the body. It is a fake for sure.

what is this thing?

Firewood. Calling it a counterfeit would be giving it too much credit.

I know it's a prs with 1990's lollar style soapbars

No it isn't.

there is no production model hollowbody that has p90's let alone three of them.

Correct!

this has a 80's/90's style headstock with matching small logo script.

No it doesn't.

The handwriting on the back of the headstock matches the handwriting on 1992 prs' on reverb.

If the '92 on Reverb is legitimate, no it doesn't.

pickups are authentic prs lollar pickups.

No they aren't.

Back