Help me identify this guitar

Im pretty sure I’m gonna sell mine, but I cannot find any kind of price estimates, there’s nothing on reverb. Any ideas?

That would make it a Hollowbody Spruce not an Hollowbody I. The HB I has a maple top with mahogany back.

Also didn’t the 20th Anniversaries have the wispy bird inlays. I would also assume the trc was from another guitar. The usual trc’s had McCarty written on them in that era.

I love my HB Spruce - this one is less than 5lbs.

...So I think the wispy birds were just for the 20th year (2005, and not too many seen in the wild) ...

but they had the 20th TR covers on for that year and a couple years beyond...IIRC???!!!

That would make it a Hollowbody Spruce not an Hollowbody I. The HB I has a maple top with mahogany back.

Also didn’t the 20th Anniversaries have the wispy bird inlays. I would also assume the trc was from another guitar. The usual trc’s had McCarty written on them in that era.

IMG_2208.jpg

I see many PRS guitars from 2005 use the 20th truss rod cover that aren't a 20th anniversary model. Not confusing down the road at all..

IMG_2208.jpg
The birds with wisps didn’t make it to every guitar then, which is a shame as it was a really good look.

I see many PRS guitars from 2005 use the 20th truss rod cover that aren't a 20th anniversary model. Not confusing down the road at all..
Ooooh you're right. I remember now.. my Archtop IV (Spruce Top/Maple back) had a 20th Anni TRC when I first got it. That was about August 2005 (the last Archtop off the production line for that time).

ARCH6_headstock-front.png

Damn, this AT sounds like a beast! Tone for days.
ARCH6_body-front.png

Very nice to see so many enthusiasts. This guitar must be quite rare, as this forum is the only place I can seem to find info about it. And I still cannot find any info about its value. Even if I don’t sell it, which I’m leaning towards not doing, now that I realise how rare it is, I still want to insure it.

Very nice to see so many enthusiasts. This guitar must be quite rare, as this forum is the only place I can seem to find info about it. And I still cannot find any info about its value. Even if I don’t sell it, which I’m leaning towards not doing, now that I realise how rare it is, I still want to insure it.
Here are some current listings on Reverb to give you an idea.

And this is to sold listings on Reverb.

Back