Could someone help me identify this guitar?

This is what a real one looks like.

Lol saw this guitar on LA craigslist several times over the past month or so as I was listing some guitars of my own and just had to chuckle. What even are those tuners supposed to be? The bridge is wrong, the f-holes don’t appear to be aligned properly, wrong knobs and switch, PRS signature looking like it was rubbed off. Also funny that the guy is trying to pass it off as Korean-made when nothing remotely like this configuration (3-pickup Hollowbody) would be available anywhere outside private stock. Seeing this reposted here just makes me chuckle anew!

Lol saw this guitar on LA craigslist several times over the past month or so as I was listing some guitars of my own and just had to chuckle. What even are those tuners supposed to be? The bridge is wrong, the f-holes don’t appear to be aligned properly, wrong knobs and switch, PRS signature looking like it was rubbed off. Also funny that the guy is trying to pass it off as Korean-made when nothing remotely like this configuration (3-pickup Hollowbody) would be available anywhere outside private stock. Seeing this reposted here just makes me chuckle anew!
Tuners are upside down sperzel trim-loks.

Firewood. Calling it a counterfeit would be giving it too much credit.

No it isn't.

Correct!

No it doesn't.

If the '92 on Reverb is legitimate, no it doesn't.

No they aren't.
The pickups are in fact real lollar soapbards from a 1990's EG.

The prs on reverb is legit.

This is fake, and you are really not as clever as you are trying to act.

This is what a real one looks like.

I know, I even mentioned in the OP that I looked at that EXACT bloody guitar.

"glad" to see the prs forum is full of the exact same kind of guy that sells prs guitars on the local facebook marketplace.

The pickups are in fact real lollar soapbards from a 1990's EG.
There are Lollar pickups and PRS pickups. There are no authentic PRS lollar soapbars or any authentic PRS soapbar. SD winds soapies for PRS.

What EG had soapbars? I can't remember seeing one.
"glad" to see the prs forum is full of the exact same kind of guy that sells prs guitars on the local facebook marketplace.
I get feeling bummed it turned out fake and hoping it was real, but why shoot the messenger? Be happy you didn't buy it.

There are Lollar pickups and PRS pickups. There are no authentic PRS lollar soapbars or any authentic PRS soapbar. SD winds soapies for PRS.

What EG had soapbars? I can't remember seeing one.

I get feeling bummed it turned out fake and hoping it was real, but why shoot the messenger? Be happy you didn't buy it.
They are pickups from a real prs guitar that someone put in whatever the guitar is, which is why so many were able to be duped by it.

The EG had the split soapbars, not sure what else.

My point is how people are acting.

They are pickups from a real prs guitar
I doubt that. If they are SD, then maybe, but a lot of guitars have SD. It doesn't make it PRS in anyway to put another makers pickups in there. It's a very very bad fake. More wrong than right by a mile. Honestly can't think of thing that is right.

The EG had the split soapbars, not sure what else.
I don't know of a EG with soapbars. There was an EG with Fralin dominos.

My point is how people are acting.
People are acting however way because this is a board hosted by PRS. Not some independent site. It's a PRS site. Of course it's met with the ridicule it deserves. It's that bad of a fake.

I doubt that. If they are SD, then maybe, but a lot of guitars have SD. It doesn't make it PRS in anyway to put another makers pickups in there. It's a very very bad fake. More wrong than right by a mile. Honestly can't think of thing that is right.

I don't know of a EG with soapbars. There was an EG with Fralin dominos.

People are acting this way because this is a board hosted by PRS. Not some independent site. It's a PRS site. Of course it's met with the ridicule it deserves. It's that bad of a fake.
A tech who looked the guitar over said the pickups are from prs.

How many hairs do we need to split for your emotional validation?

I'm about to just unwatch the thread so you can talk to yourself alone.

PRS never did Lollar P90’s, they only did SD. First ceramic ones and then Antiquities I think.

That guitar is absolutely not authentic in any way, shape or form.

Love how newbies come here to ask questions and automatically know more than those who are answering the questions.

Wow that went south quickly.

OP you came here asking questions and we have given you our collective knowledge.

If you don’t like the answer, there is absolutely no reason to be confrontational and rude.

Nothin will change that this is not a real PRS, move on.

Love how newbies come here to ask questions and automatically know more than those who are answering the questions.
What the heck is it with this? Is it something in the water? There has been a rash of this so far this year. Come here, ask a question and then give an attitude to everyone that answers it. They complain about being bullied by the community. I have never had to put anyone on my ignore list here, until this year.

OP, maybe you should have linked the guitar you referenced in your original post so I wouldn't have had to do it for you. I don't need an attitude for just linking a guitar ad. How do you know that I linked it for you? Ever think that I may have linked it as a data point for others in the thread?

Saying people here are "the exact same kind of guy that sells prs guitars on the local facebook marketplace" is not going to make your experience her a good one. There is no need to insult people trying to help you.

Back