Has this been mentioned yet....?

Yeah, they flew off the shelves

That’s the “Robin” Ford model.

Seems like a cool guitar.

I'd buy one, but I'm saving up for an accordion.

"You're going to get one for free in Hell, Laz, and you'll have eternity to play it. Why waste your money on one now?"

"I figure I need to practice so I can join The Eternal All-Accordion Band From Hell as soon as I get there."

"They cut off your head when you play in that band, you know."

"In an all-accordion band, not being able to hear your music is probably a good thing."

"Sure you don't want to be in The Eternal Accordion And Banjo Band From Hell?"

"Depends what body part they cut off."

"Any interest in learning bagpipes? They don't cut off anything in the bagpipe band."

"I think I'd rather have them cut my head off."

An Accordionist, banjo player and Bagpipist (just made up a word) go into a bar and begin an impromptu gig. Their remains were never found.

Brian: "You're all different!"

Crowd: "Yes, we are all different!"

Man in crowd: "I'm not..."

“E’s not coming out, e’s been a very naughty boy!”

“Excuse me, are you are virgin?”

I'm willing to bet that they all do say 1 of 1000..... the actual serial number is the one on the headstock.

Confirmed - they all have the same backplate, and the serial number is just the long form one on the headstock. A mate of mine messaged me to let me know, as his has just arrived.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that they all do say 1 of 1000..... the actual serial number is the one on the headstock.

Confirmed - they all have the same backplate, and the serial number is just the long form one on the headstock. A mate of mine messaged me to let me know, as his has just arrived.
Yes, they are all 1 of 1000. Post #41 above. :D

They say "1 of" not number 1 so technically accurate.

As I'm also an Alembic owner and forum member I thought y'all would like to see Mica's take .. She's been the head of Artist Relations for over 35 years , her Dad and Owsley Stanley started Alembic :

"There was some talk last summer during the Dead & Co. shows about John Mayer's new PRS guitar with a Blaster. They decided to do a limited edition release of the same instrument John played on these gigs, complete with a genuine Alembic Blaster preamp.
These are the regular Blasters made right here, right down to the handmade brass plate. It's great that the exact mods they made to his stage guitar are in the production model. It's also great there's 1000 more guitars enjoying the benefits of the original active circuit.

Blasters have been made since 1969, and were the first commercially available on-board preamp for guitars. Earlier in 1969 dad made the first ever active electronics for Phil Lesh, installed in his Gibson."

S

Last edited:
Update, per my wife (long may she rock!):

"Very bouncy, very John Mayer-sounding....."

I don't think she's ever listened to a Grateful Dead original in her life.

Last edited:
Back