Happy American Independence Day!!!

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
Red White & Blue
66082109_10214726872709461_4102915582796496896_o.jpg

There ya go. Fireworks displays are readying as the sunset fades into night. Not locally, but perhaps at one of our music bandshell areas downtown or perhaps northwest of us some miles away. We'll hear it, and I'm somewhat surprised that we have not yet heard any firecrackers or similar devices this evening. Was still in the process of making some homemade baked beans and beef burgers for the weekend if weather cooperates Sunday. Relatively quiet thus far, almost too quiet. Would normally sit out on the patio and quaff a beer, but the mosquitos are out in force so forget that. Nothing says oops like showing up at work Monday looking like a case of the pox.

Red White & Blue
66082109_10214726872709461_4102915582796496896_o.jpg

You beat me too it! Was hoping to get my blue S2 SC, by the 4th, to complete my RW&B S2 set, and was going to make the same thread. I'll have to add to this one when it arrives. (soon I hope!)

You beat me too it! Was hoping to get my blue S2 SC, by the 4th, to complete my RW&B S2 set, and was going to make the same thread. I'll have to add to this one when it arrives. (soon I hope!)

Post the pic when it comes in and we'll celebrate the damn 4th of July all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogs in the bedroom tonight!
Yeah, this whole last week is a terror for my poor dog. Doesn’t want to go outside. Just hides. I used to love fireworks and would buy some cool stuff and shoot them off responsibly at a reasonable hour. Now I hunker down with the poor guy and try to keep him from having a heat attack.

Yeah, this whole last week is a terror for my poor dog. Doesn’t want to go outside. Just hides. I used to love fireworks and would buy some cool stuff and shoot them off responsibly at a reasonable hour. Now I hunker down with the poor guy and try to keep him from having a heat attack.

Mine too...sucks for the poor pups.:( your vet will hook him/her up with anxiety meds if you tell them they are traumatized by weather or fireworks. Been there done that dude.

Happy national blow sh@t up day! Stuff has been exploding non stop outside my bedroom window for over an hour. o_O
QWtegpQ.jpg

Dumb a$$: HEY! Hold muh beer...y'all check this sh!t out!

Me: Uh, dude...I wouldn't do that...

Also Me: Giggling like a silly schoolgirl, as I hand him a lighter and start recording.:cool:

Last edited:

Mine too...sucks for the poor pups.:( your vet will hook him/her up with anxiety meds if you tell them they are traumatized by weather or fireworks. Been there done that dude.

That's been my practice for years. Take the pooches to the basement, and sleep on the couch until 2:00 AM when things calm down. Now, one dog doesn't really care unless it's really loud, and the older one, once he falls asleep, doesn't hear a thing. Oddly, this year, there wasn't much going on in my neighborhood. I heard more the weekend before the 4th than I did in the last 4 days. I'll take that!

Yeah, each year I’ve a different approach. This year was hemp chewy treats and anti anxiety collar. Helped a tiny bit but not enough to matter. Last night, even yesterday morning when nothing was going on, he didn’t want to go outside or take his normal walk.:(

Yeah, each year I’ve a different approach. This year was hemp chewy treats and anti anxiety collar. Helped a tiny bit but not enough to matter. Last night, even yesterday morning when nothing was going on, he didn’t want to go outside or take his normal walk.:(
Same for the Manny Dog - with his heart murmur we fear the holiday will give him a heart attack, even though we and our 8 yo son like fireworks. This year he didn’t shake for days on end so that helped. Just was up until 1am before finally falling asleep. Still get some random ones going off around midnight here - grrr!

Back