Guilty Pleasure Songs...

Not true, I had exactly one year of Junior College as a requirement from my parents. Then I left that and attended many colleges for the following five years whilst the member of a band.
I took some cool college courses to pass some daytime hours while ‘touring’ northern Ontario and Quebec. I particularly liked brewing things in the chemistry lab.

My guilty pleasure?

Boston's first album. All those processed, cheez-wiz guitar tones, the hypertuned twin melody lines, the soulless overpolished perfection of it all.

But those are just great songs, and Brad Delp's singing is terrific. No wonder it got played to death on FM radio.

I never bought a copy - I never had to. Going to school in the Northeast in the 70s, you could just turn on any radio or open any dorm door or ride in anyone's car - there it was - blasting away in all its processed splendor. Impossible to hate it!

<cue up "More Than A Feeling">

=K

Not true, I had exactly one year of Junior College as a requirement from my parents. Then I left that and attended many colleges for the following five years whilst the member of a band.

The I like Rush thing was because Shawn pulled my registration card I filled out when I was 19 that listed Alex Lifeson as an influence.

I stand (actually sitting) corrected!

Ummm... still confused. There are no differences in those two sets of songs. :p
Whatever is the opposite of what you normally listen to but enjoy. Like for example, I like Pantera, they are a metal band. Something opposite of Pantera would be Abba, and I enjoy Abba.

Speaking of Bluegrass. Maggie Rogers is a young woman from my hometown, Easton Maryland. She started playing banjo when she was younger and then later expanded to other genres. She's kind of a big deal around these parts and with over ten million views on her debut song, I guess she's kind of a big deal all over the world. If you haven't heard of her, check out the vids below.

Speaking of Bluegrass. Maggie Rogers is a young woman from my hometown, Easton Maryland. She started playing banjo when she was younger and then later expanded to other genres. She's kind of a big deal around these parts and with over ten million views on her debut song, I guess she's kind of a big deal all over the world. If you haven't heard of her, check out the vids below.

Thanks Shawn.
I really like her voice.

Whoooha... I almost forgot how much I hated that song! What a start to a thread like this, hats off... :D

:D

Did anyone else have the sudden urge to jump up and break into Samba? No?? Just me then? Hmmm, Weird.

Last edited:
Back