Guilty Pleasure Songs...

Easy call for me; MMMbop by Hanson. I used to sing that song to myself when I was in the tee box at the golf course, or at bat when I played competitive softball. I used it as a mechanism to clear my mind and relax before a pitch or drive. You know, thinking abut something else, and all that. Worked out pretty well.

Oh, many, many songs from reggae to soul, funk, new wave, classic country, I have no shame with what I listen to. For pure cheesy goodness however, and a return to 1976 and personally much simplier times, this is the one that stands out. Besides, no song with a marimba solo can be lame!

There are many. A lot "Yacht Rock" songs from the late 70s, Ambrosia, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Little River Band, that sort of stuff. Someone mentioned 80's New Wave, the Buggles album with Video Killed the Radio Star on it is one of my favorite albums of all time...underrated if you ask me. And Adam Ant's Kings Of The Wild Frontiers is a great album IMHO. The first song that popped in my head when I read the title of this thread though was "Stay" by Lisa Loeb.

I think my metal card will get revoked for admitting this but I have always liked Pet Shop Boys' "Please" album (the one West End Girls is on).
Yep, calling my boss now. I'm sure he'll pull your card for that one!

:)

Name em'!

I’d say the most “uncool” one to admit to would be Jet City Woman.

I figured out why you're a closet Rush fan. I got to see Alex's guitar last week. There was never a hole drilled for the truss rod cover.

I’m not a closet Rush fan, I just experimented with it in college.

Lies!

One: no college
Two: somewhere on this forum, in the last couple of months, you admitted to being a Rush fan......I remember, I almost fainted :D
Not true, I had exactly one year of Junior College as a requirement from my parents. Then I left that and attended many colleges for the following five years whilst the member of a band.

The I like Rush thing was because Shawn pulled my registration card I filled out when I was 19 that listed Alex Lifeson as an influence.

Back