Greatest AMERICAN Rock & Roll Band? Go!

Loved the Hagar era but OG Van Halen is on another level entirely. Roth era for the win.

You had me until this misguided post. :p

Sammy Hagar can sing circles around DLR (and I’m a fan of both). I’m even reversed biased; DLR’s dad went to my high school (no f’n age jokes), and his uncle had a bar in my business building. But alas....Sammy is one of the best rock singers ever.

Sammy Hagar can sing circles around DLR (and I’m a fan of both). I’m even reversed biased; DLR’s dad went to my high school (no f’n age jokes), and his uncle had a bar in my business building. But alas....Sammy is one of the best rock singers ever.

Agreed wholeheartedly on the singing ability, but for me the material, and Eddies playing in particular during the Roth era, is what seals it for me.

Why? Hadn't they come up with the concept of age by then? :rolleyes:

For me, the music and attitude of DLR-era VH beats what they did in the Hagar era. Hagar is a much better singer, but the bite wasn't there in the material. But DLR couldn't have pulled that stuff off.

All for Sammy. Most prefect album,,,,Standing Hampton

Back