Granddaughter’s Latest Show!

László

Too Many Notes
My 12 year old granddaughter Omi has a lead role in Billy Elliott, a musical with music by Elton John.. She’s done quite a few professional musical theater shows in the last couple of years.

Most of fhe actors are adults. She works well with them, a real pro.

She’s a wonderful kid, and a joy to be around. Also, very talented!

3z2k67L.jpg

Last edited:
On Omi's behalf, thanks for the kind words, all! Whenever I'm in Chicago to see her shows, I show her the threads where my online friends wish her well. She really enjoys that, and who wouldn't?

The folks at the Paramount Theater are awesome; Omi did 'School of Rock' there. They are truly helpful and kind to the actors. My daughter tells me that's not always the caae with theater productions.

It's a great venue, a beautiful building, and judging by 'School of Rock', the shows are really good - they attract talent that also does Broadway shows. Can't wait to see this one!

She was given birth in a talented musical and arts related family, therefore her acting is of consequence of this root. And that her perfomances makes you proud, shows, she's doing it with passion, joy, and professionalism indeed - at that infant age though.
May her way lead to a successful actor carreer for her living.

Last edited:
She was given birth in a talented musical and arts related family, therefore her acting is of consequence of this root. And that her perfomances makes you proud, shows, she's doing it with passion, joy, and professionalism indeed - at that infant age though.
May her way lead to a successful actor carreer for her living.
Thanks for the kind words!

Right now, Omi is tremendously happy, and feels good about what she's doing. She's seeing an awful lot of professional success at a very young age. And that's all the her parents, grandparents and brother could possibly want for her.

Whatever she does in life as she grows up - whether it's acting or she acquires a different lifetime interest -she's learned so much doing musical theater. In fact, it's been a priceless education, because not many people can do it on her level.

She's learned how important it is to thoroughly prepare. She's learned to handle significant responsibility. She knows that sometimes you get the part, and sometimes not, so she can brush off disappointment. She's able to work with other people - mostly adults - from all backgrounds to share success.

She's gained maturity and self confidence. Yet she's not full of herself. She's a delightful, fully-engaged child who just happens to be an actor on the pro level with a growing resume after school and on weekends.

Most of all she's made lifetime friends, both other kids who've appeared in shows with her, and adults from all over the US! She goes to all the shows her child and adult friends appear in to support them, even if she isn't in that show.

And she's learned to handle all this before the age of 12!

At 12 I didn't know why I was on the planet. I was not aware of anything beyond the usual kid stuff.

Come to think of it, I still don't know the why and the wherefore of my existence... ;)

I won't talk about my granddaughter's role for now. The boy who played Billy Elliot is perhaps the most talented 12 year old I've ever seen in my life, singing, dancing, acting. Another boy my granddaughter's age played Billy's friend Michael. He was astounding - and funny!

The adult performers were INCREDIBLE, acting, singing, dancing. The set is THREE STORIES TALL.

It's a beautiful old theater as well. The show itself was staged and directed about as well as I've seen, including Broadway (and several of the adult actors are Broadway veterans).

If you live in the Chicago area, it'll be playing for about three more weeks, and it's well worth seeing. Main floor tickets aren't cheap, but it's a show you won't forget.

PS. They double-casted the youngsters in the show, so if you decide to go, and are inclined to see my granddaughter, check my first post for the dates she'll be performing.

Last edited:
Back