Got my new CE24! Beautiful, but................

cboisits

My very first PRS has a couple of scratches in the belly cut. When you buy a $2300 PRS CE24 Semi-Hollowbody guitar for $2300, I think it should be PERFECT and not have a single scratch. Am I being neurotic? Please tell me if I am being too OCD after looking at the pictures. Actually,

167203937_10209167466540187_8219215240059054930_n.jpg

169607420_10209167474740392_4746642573483425338_n.jpg

:(

That's highly unlikely to have come out of the factory this way.
Must have been traumatized at the dealer you bought it from.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with that at any price. Dealer is blind, incompetent, or dishonest if they didn't notice. I'd return it.

I agree with you, it should be perfect. I mean, it should be perfect at any price but in any case, if it’s not perfect it shouldn’t be sold at full price.

This is the problem with buying stock items if you don’t have chance to play or inspect them. There’s always a chance that some clumsy oaf has taken it off the hook in order to butcher ‘Stairway’ before hanging it up again and hitting several other guitars on the way.

Bottom line, I’d be pretty PO’d at this but considering where the scratches are I’d probably keep it (after trying to get the dealer to give me some money back). Especially if it plays well.

I’d be thinking “What else is wrong with it?”

if it plays and sounds great, fair enough. But if the setup isn’t fabulous, that may be a handling issue as well.

Yeah, if I bought a guitar as new and it came with those, I'd be irritated. That said, if it played and sounded great, I'd look for a discount rather than returning it...and if they wouldn't give me one, I'd probably still keep the guitar but leave bad reviews everywhere I could.

Yea that would be labeled as a discounted blemished deal at a good dealer usually with a couple hundred off.
Trouble is that happens to be the same as a spotless and perfect guitar at many good dealers.
That's why unless the guitar is hard to find (those are not, at least in the US), absolutely fantastic feeling and sounding I would have that dealer take it back for full refund at their cost.

Trouble is, you could just go round in circles trying to find the ‘one’.

Both of my PRS guitars came out of the box with things I wasn’t fully satisfied with. The P20E desperately needed all the frets to be polished. If I wasn’t prepared (or able) to do this myself then the guitar would have gone back, as IMO it wasn’t very nice to play. Otherwise, it was great.

Trouble is, you could just go round in circles trying to find the ‘one’.

Both of my PRS guitars came out of the box with things I wasn’t fully satisfied with. The P20E desperately needed all the frets to be polished. If I wasn’t prepared (or able) to do this myself then the guitar would have gone back, as IMO it wasn’t very nice to play. Otherwise, it was great.
Yes, that's what I said too.

The dealer should take that back. I'll bet dollars to donuts it didn't happen in the factory, unless the box was still factory-sealed.

A deep scratch like that (that I didn't put there) would drive me nuts for the rest of my life.

Come to think of it, if I did that to one of mine, I'd probably have the back refinished, because I'm just that OCD.

Originally, the guy said that the scratches were not there before it was shipped and said the photographer would have caught it. Umm, no he/she wouldn't have. And they insinuated that I caused the damage in so many words. But the guy is cool. They are offering a partial refund. How much should I expect?

Back