FX rabbit hole

Tremontinator

Banned
I've got my SE Tremonti Custom with Tremonti USA pickups and Mann Made locking tuners.
I've got a PRS USA nut coming.

That goes to
DigiTech DropTune
BOSS tuner
Dunlop crybaby 95Q wah
MXR Distortion+
MXR M234 analog chorus

And that goes into the PRS MT15 Mark Tremonti signature amplifier.

I'm torn with what I want to do with my sound.
Fucking Dunlop/MXR doesn't make a multi-effects unit. That'd be ideal. They should just combine all of their most popular stomp boxes into one multi-effects unit, and leave it at that.

So, on the one hand, I'm thinking about getting a slap back delay, studio quality reverb, 10 band EQ, and a noise gate. Basically continuing the tried-and-true pedalboard setup.

Nobody makes an actual multi-effects unit. It's all processors. You get a variety of stomp boxes to choose from, tweak parameters, drag and drop them into whatever order you want. (You know, because fuckthe logical order of effects.)
They all come with onboard looper stations, auxiliary inputs for jamming, drum loops, and fucking amp modelingshit.

Even the several thousand dollar Kemper modeling amps suck ass. All this digital horseshit sounds like garbage and will never replicate those old tube amps.

And then all these processors come with all these fucking USB computer programs andshit. I don't want all of that added nonsense.

All I want is a wide variety of boost, overdrive, and Distortion pedals to select and tweak, then one good chorus, one slap back delay, and one studio reverb.

I don't need 7500 different wah pedals to choose from.
I don't like Flangers and Phasers
I hate Fuzz
I don't need an octave pedal cause the DigiTech DropTune has it built in.

I don't need loopers and drum machines and internet connectivity and downloadable bull****. I want simplicity. Bare bones basic. I don't need 15 million memory banks. Give me the ability to call up and tweak a few pedals, save those as a handful of presets, and then give me the ability to tweak each effect when it's called up.

Example

Let's say stomp 1 on the unit is boost. Give me a knob for level, and a knob for the amount of dirt it adds. That way, I can have a clean or dirty boost, and save 2-3 presets or, adjust for the current requirements.

Button 2, give me 2-4 overdrive pedals to select from. Let me tweak volume, 3 band EQ, and gain for each stomp box, and save each as a preset, while enabling me to tweak them on the fly.

On button 3, give me 2-3 Rock distortion stomp boxes to choose from and tweak before saving them as presets, and tweak on the fly.

Button 4 can be 1-2 Metal distortions, same as previous

Button 5
Chorus selection

Button 6
Mild slap back delay

Button 7
Reverb

Send that straight into the amp with nothing else on the unit. I have a fantastic Wah pedal. I have a fantabulous Amp. I don't need or want anything else.

Also thinking about getting a 15 watt 2 channel Marshall and another speaker cabinet and then hooking up an A/B/Y switch so I can run the Tremonti amp or the Marshall or both, and then ditching pedals all together. What would you do? What are you running?

Processors are WAY too damned complicated.

And then, I'm looking at Zoom G5n and their other processors...

These processors are complicated enough to confuse and piss off just about any NASA representative.

I wish Dunlop would get their shitTogether, and offer a simple multi-pedal unit.

Sounds like you need the old school Boss ME-25 or ME-80. Both are solid multi-effects generators without all the digital BS. Each station has knobs to make adjustments and have been very highly rated for their sound. I saw a few on Reverb with some decent pricing.

I've got my SE Tremonti Custom with Tremonti USA pickups and Mann Made locking tuners.
I've got a PRS USA nut coming.

That goes to
DigiTech DropTune
BOSS tuner
Dunlop crybaby 95Q wah
MXR Distortion+
MXR M234 analog chorus

And that goes into the PRS MT15 Mark Tremonti signature amplifier.

I'm torn with what I want to do with my sound.
Fucking Dunlop/MXR doesn't make a multi-effects unit. That'd be ideal. They should just combine all of their most popular stomp boxes into one multi-effects unit, and leave it at that.

So, on the one hand, I'm thinking about getting a slap back delay, studio quality reverb, 10 band EQ, and a noise gate. Basically continuing the tried-and-true pedalboard setup.

Buy a used Carbon copy, used TC HOF mini, etc...it won't be that expensive. Be glad you don't like all the other stuff because your board would be 2x the size in no time. The old Line 6 M9 is a pretty solid unit in simplistic format, though I don't remember the OD's sounding good. Are you running your stuff 4 cable method or everything in the loop(or out front)?

Buy a used Carbon copy, used TC HOF mini, etc...it won't be that expensive. Be glad you don't like all the other stuff because your board would be 2x the size in no time. The old Line 6 M9 is a pretty solid unit in simplistic format, though I don't remember the OD's sounding good. Are you running your stuff 4 cable method or everything in the loop(or out front)?

I'd probably suggest this route as well.

As a footnote, I think it's hilarious you're dropping f-bombs throughout your post, but then you type bull****, like that's the one swear you won't use;)

Sounds like you need the old school Boss ME-25 or ME-80. Both are solid multi-effects generators without all the digital BS. Each station has knobs to make adjustments and have been very highly rated for their sound. I saw a few on Reverb with some decent pricing.

Thanks Wakemeister. I'll look into it

Everything right now is out front. Once I get a slap back, I will see what it sounds like in the loop
I'd probably suggest this route as well.

As a footnote, I think it's hilarious you're dropping f-bombs throughout your post, but then you type bull****, like that's the one swear you won't use;)
That's the fucking algorithm on this website that won't let you sayFuck but will let you say fucking and will let you say shitHead but not DbullshitD.

I have a better idea
Read the goddamn Constitution. Bill Of Rights. First Ammendment. Right To Free Speech, dammit.

Some of us have been swearing so much for so many years, we don't even realize we're doing it anymore. The words have no more meaning. They're just fucking sentence enhancers.

Censorship hurts and pussifies everybody

Thanks Wakemeister. I'll look into it

Everything right now is out front. Once I get a slap back, I will see what it sounds like in the loop

That's the fucking algorithm on this website that won't let you sayFuck but will let you say fucking and will let you say shitHead but not DbullshitD.

I have a better idea
Read the goddamn Constitution. Bill Of Rights. First Ammendment. Right To Free Speech, dammit.

Some of us have been swearing so much for so many years, we don't even realize we're doing it anymore. The words have no more meaning. They're just fucking sentence enhancers.

Censorship hurts and pussifies everybody

Dude...take a chill. It wasn't a censorship comment. See the winky face at the end of my post? Don't get your britches in a bunch.

I knew that. I just figured "as long as we're talking about this problem..."

You know I love you man, but, strictly speaking, censorship and freedom of speech under the Bill of Rights (and thereby the Constitution) prohibits only the actions of the government to stifle speech. It doesn’t apply to individuals making rules for a privately owned website like this one. Lots of people don’t understand this, so I’ll help.

You suggest that we read the Constitution and Bill of Rights; perhaps a refresher course is in order for you. Here’s the First Amendment:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

The operative restriction is Congress shall make no law...

You’ll notice it does not say, “No private establishment or individual shall abridge” certain speech. So the Bill of Rights has absolutely no application here as a matter of constitutional law.

While the 14th Amendment applied this prohibition to the States as regards legislation, as it does with most provisions, it did not extend it beyond that to individuals or private companies.

Any website, including this one, has the unfettered right to regulate speech, as they are free (and have every constitutional right) to do. Similarly, your employer can restrict certain speech on the job, as can a business establishment, school, etc.

“But I want to say what I want, any time I want and anywhere I want.”

“Yeah, we know.” ;)

Edit: My forthcoming book, Les Knows Everything Except For Some Stuff He Doesn’t Know That You Don’t Care About Anyway will be available in 2047.

Last edited:
...Any website, including this one, has the unfettered right to regulate speech, as they are free (and have every constitutional right) to do. Similarly, your employer can restrict certain speech on the job, as can a business establishment, school, etc...

Les,

You are correct, and even third-party social media websites like FB, Twitter, etc, have every right themselves to regulate what content is broadcast from their platform.

The purpose may be to regulate offensive or derogatory speech, because unregulated speech in social media is likely to be festering grounds for speech in places we see elsewhere in life that have no regulated speech.

If the media, and social media for that matter, prefaces their mission statements and labels their broadcast platforms as PG-13 V/L, R, or M, then we can at least choose for ourselves what we allow into our view. I'd prefer to not need switch off my computer realizing that what I view might be deemed offensive by websites' standards, or lack thereof.

No offense to the colorful characters on this forum. We just need to realize that like one that has to watch what one eats, one has to watch what one says. In other words, one's mouth is to be used for eating food, not spewing...? Thanks in advance, don't forget to brush. :)o_O

You know I love you man, but, strictly speaking, censorship and freedom of speech under the Bill of Rights (and thereby the Constitution) prohibits only the actions of the government to stifle speech. It doesn’t apply to individuals making rules for a privately owned website like this one. Lots of people don’t understand this, so I’ll help.

You suggest that we read the Constitution and Bill of Rights; perhaps a refresher course is in order for you. Here’s the First Amendment:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

The operative restriction is Congress shall make no law...

You’ll notice it does not say, “No private establishment or individual shall abridge” certain speech. So the Bill of Rights has absolutely no application here as a matter of constitutional law.

While the 14th Amendment applied this prohibition to the States as regards legislation, as it does with most provisions, it did not extend it beyond that to individuals or private companies.

Any website, including this one, has the unfettered right to regulate speech, as they are free (and have every constitutional right) to do. Similarly, your employer can restrict certain speech on the job, as can a business establishment, school, etc.

“But I want to say what I want, any time I want and anywhere I want.”

“Yeah, we know.” ;)

Edit: My forthcoming book, Les Knows Everything Except For Some Stuff He Doesn’t Know will be available in 2047.

Our rights are given to us by God and enforced/protected by the Constitution. They must all apply everywhere or else, what is the point in having them?

We're getting way off topic though

How about them PRSi? Nice, huh?

Our rights are given to us by God and enforced/protected by the Constitution. They must all apply everywhere or else, what is the point in having them?

We're getting way off topic though

How about them PRSi? Nice, huh?

Very nice!

As to the other stuff, well, you only mentioned the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I can’t guess at the opinions of off-world supernatural beings regarding our right to use certain language on the web, but then, who really can?

Yes we can, but neener, neener you need to know where to find it...and being the good person I know you are, it's in your "book collection."

I’ll look it up. Hmmm...Ah yes, I found it.

“He that controlleth the Internet website decideth the words that may be used. Thus sayeth the Lord.”

“I think you made that up.”

“Nah. A supernatural being tells me exactly what to put down on this parchment.”

“That’s an iPad.”

“It’s a parchment iPad.”

I used to work for Twitter. While a website can regulate what's said on it, the people involved will find every possible way to make a horrible, inconsistent mess of it.

I’ll look it up. Hmmm...Ah yes, I found it.

“He that controlleth the Internet website decideth the words that may be used. Thus sayeth the Lord.”

“I think you made that up.”

“Nah. A supernatural being tells me exactly what to put down on this parchment.”

“That’s an iPad.”

“It’s a parchment iPad.”

I think pants are highly overrated, and should only be worn when you most need them. There. Try and wipe that mental picture out of your brain.

I think pants are highly overrated, and should only be worn when you most need them. There. Try and wipe that mental picture out of your brain.

I’m in complete agreement. Pants are highly overrated, and are only needed in cold weather or when walking through brush.

Give me a little black dress any day.

Back