From NAMM the Pearl and Satin Birds of a Feather, you Love it or Leave it?

GTRMAV

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Some peeks of this guitar have appeared in the PS Friday Thread, and I have been very curious about it. I was hanging out at the PRS Booth Friday, when a certain group of Forum Guys walked in and I really wanted their opinion about this PRS Private Stock Tonare, Black Satin with the Birds of a Feather inlay Pearlized! The reaction from those guys ranged from no room for Pearl on an Acoustic, to When can you get one!
Interested in your perspective... Forgive the Phone Photos, but I think you will get the ideal.
Another asked if the top could be glossy, and the answer is of course!
I don't have a dog in this, and this guitar was Sold and is headed to Japan..
I'm on the fence, whether to order one for the store...
Really would like your opinions....Could also be an Angelus, if you prefer the cutaways...

I think the neck is fantastic.
Back and sides look great.
I understand the black top, but am not excited by it. I think I would like it more with a pale European spruce. Something like this
CK_312CollectionTop.JPG

I like it a lot. The satin top a could go either way with. I'd almost need to see in person. Looks like the wood part of the fretboard has more sheen to it. I'd almost like to see a semi-gloss top if that's possible. I also think Pete's idea of the really light euro spruce is cool. All I need is more Tonare GAS- geez!

I dig it. I can't believe I'm about to type......................

I even like the black top (I must have a fever).
Were you abducted by aliens??!! :p

As a compromise, I'd vote for a black translucent top showing a nice bear claw spruce top. Otherwise, the black top is not bad.

Back