five watt world Short History of the Tube Screamer

Keith, that’s one of the best videos on the Tube Screamer out there. I know what you mean about Analog Mike’s work on it. Thorough, but you have to read it a few times to be sure you read what you thought you read. He helped me nail down my TS9 as an original ‘82 variant.

I enjoy your 5WW short stories. Time to get a t-shirt and support the cause!

Last edited:
I really gotta get one of them Maxxon clones!
I recently grabbed one of the 40th Anniversary versions. Need to get it on my board. Short description

NEW Second Run! Due to overwhelming popular demand we have decided to do another run of OD808-40. These pedals will still feature this amazing mod and commemorative nameplate, but will feature the stock OD808 knobs. The first run sold out fast, so if you snoozed, here's your second chance.

There will be a limited production of 400 units of the OD808-40, and each will come with a signed certificate of authenticity. In addition, the first 40 units of the pedal will be hand-signed by Mr. Tamura himself.

With it's unique tonal characteristics and undeniable collectible appeal, The Maxon 40th Anniversary OD808 is destined to take its place alongside the legendary pedals it has descended from.

Given the very positive response to me sharing my guitar and amp based "Short History" videos here I thought I'd jump on and have you guys look over my Tube Screamer finished product.

I know I can count on you all to let me know what I missed. Thanks in advance.

Keith, not specifically about this video, but rather your Gibson 335 Short History (Ssshh! Don't tell anyone I mentioned that on this forum!)

I have watched several of your short history videos and found every one of them informative. But I kept watching your one about the Gibson 335 hoping to find some knowledge about the 325, which I own, and never saw it. You discussed many, probably all, the other variations on the 335 but never mine. I know the 325 had a very short production life and I'm sure that is explains this omission.

This is a small, very small, criticism of your otherwise very erudite videos.

Keith, not specifically about this video, but rather your Gibson 335 Short History (Ssshh! Don't tell anyone I mentioned that on this forum!)

I have watched several of your short history videos and found every one of them informative. But I kept watching your one about the Gibson 335 hoping to find some knowledge about the 325, which I own, and never saw it. You discussed many, probably all, the other variations on the 335 but never mine. I know the 325 had a very short production life and I'm sure that is explains this omission.

This is a small, very small, criticism of your otherwise very erudite videos.

You're absolutely right that I couldn't fit everything in there, nor am I smart enough to get it all right to be sure. So thanks for reminding us of the 325. All the variations of the "semi-solid" guitars have their place in the history.

Eventually managed to watch your “History of the Tube Screamer” video.

Subscribed and great work! You have a very engaging tone to your voice.

Back