PRS Custom: A Short History

Two questions.....did you buy the mint colored Mira in New Jersey? And do you live in the DMV? If you don’t like the Mira with 57/08’s talk to me, we can work something out. If you live in the DMV, then you better go to PRS experience. I’ve also seen a number of your videos, and have always enjoyed them. Come back often, and in case you didn’t know, Angry Larry is now working at Chuck’s.

I did buy the Mint Mira off Reverb from a great guy in NJ. Is that you brother? I had a 2008 Mira and like this one, I'd bought it new in '08. I had them put a 57/08 in the neck and a DGT in the bridge. I loved both pickups but let them go when I sold that guitar. Mistake, but I'd given the original Mira pickups to a good friend so...

DMV? Department of Motor Vehicles? Nope. We're up in Ithaca, NY. Yes, Jeanne Nooney at PRS is already lobbying for me and my family to come to experience. Let's see how many views the video gets and see if they still want me to visit, :) . Ok, I looked this up. Not in DC.

So the "Angry Larry" of said PRS color works at Levin's? That's a cool local factoid. I talked to Sean on the phone who indulged my string gauge preferences when they did the set up before shipping. The semi should be here tomorrow. I will update folks here with a new thread and I imagine a "what guitars did you keep?" video at some point. Folks keep asking. Despite that early video, "How many guitars do you need?" I've never been a one guitar guy, but I've always marveled at those that are.

I did buy the Mint Mira off Reverb from a great guy in NJ. Is that you brother? I had a 2008 Mira and like this one, I'd bought it new in '08. I had them put a 57/08 in the neck and a DGT in the bridge. I loved both pickups but let them go when I sold that guitar. Mistake, but I'd given the original Mira pickups to a good friend so...

DMV? Department of Motor Vehicles? Nope. We're up in Ithaca, NY. Yes, Jeanne Nooney at PRS is already lobbying for me and my family to come to experience. Let's see how many views the video gets and see if they still want me to visit, :) . Ok, I looked this up. Not in DC.

So the "Angry Larry" of said PRS color works at Levin's? That's a cool local factoid. I talked to Sean on the phone who indulged my string gauge preferences when they did the set up before shipping. The semi should be here tomorrow. I will update folks here with a new thread and I imagine a "what guitars did you keep?" video at some point. Folks keep asking. Despite that early video, "How many guitars do you need?" I've never been a one guitar guy, but I've always marveled at those that are.
That was a great snare of a fine guitar. Actually, DMV is shorthand for the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The Angry Larry of PRS fame is actually Larry Urie who was a VP at PRS before retiring. He sat on his hands, went fishing, got bored,and then went to work at Chuck Levin’s, which has always been on the best terms with Paul. He’s a great guy with substantial hearing loss.

Keith, your videos kick ass. Watch the Tele History now.

I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. Ordering myself a 5 Watt World t-shirt shortly.

Awesome video, Keith. I enjoy all your 5 Watt World stuff--very informative. Thanks for coming to hang around these parts of the internet, too.

Keith I recently found your videos and am impressed with the quality and quantity of information presented. Perfect pace as well. Not too fast so as to miss something and not too slow to get boring. I've watched almost all of them even on things I didn't think I'd care about and was still riveted to the screen. Keep up the fantastic work, especially on PRS related things.

Back