First rig after a 6 year layoff; CE-22 and more, opinions?

growboxguy

Well I am back with a rig after a six year, divorce induced layoff! I played in a successful cover band from 2000-2007 and my favorite guitar was my 1997 PRS Custom 22 (10 top, birds). It played like butter, sounded phenomenal, stayed I tune and was very flexible. We covered anything from Bush to Godsmack to Metallica to Lit to Soundgarden etc etc and my rig of my Custom 22, Marshall TSL 100 on a 1960 Cab sounded amazing.

Here are a few pics of my old Custom 22 that I was forced to sell...

Well now that I have recovered financially from my divorce I have reinvested in a new rig and am ready to start playing again. I purchased a 2001 CE22 Angry Larry that has PRS Metal Pickups in it but is otherwise stock and in excellent condition. I only paid $1100 to my door so am very happy with the price on my new guitar (OHSC included). I also purchased a Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head and Marshall 1960AV from Guitar Center, $560 and $480 to my door respectively.

I am hoping my new rig is gonna be amazing, all three pieces are should be shipped Monday, I cant wait!

Here are a few pics of my new guitar, better ones to come when it arrives.

I am also contemplating installing a John Mann NOS2000 Tremolo in place of the stock CE. I started a fresh thread on the subject and am hoping for some good feedback...

Back