Fiore vs SS.

I could easily swing one if I sell a few guitars (I know, I know), but I wouldn't want to buy one without playing both to be sure which I wanted more. I need to quit screwing around and sell some things so I'm ready just in case I ever DO get to play one of either.

Concept: "I want either a Fiore or SS."
Con: "I'd need to sell some of my belongings to afford either guitar."
Upside: "People are looking for deals on just about everything these days. Guitars notwithstanding."
Rationalization: "The profit of the sale of 2 guitars will just about cover one new one."
Pro: "I'd better wait until I have cash on hand before I order a new Fiore or SS, otherwise money could get tight until then."
Decision: "I can make a shameless plug for my gear sale on this forum without displaying the link to my sale. The upside is that there are bound to be folks interested in my gear."
Aftermath: "Sales completed. Order made. Gestation period begins. Tums on hand will quash any additional lust until the new guitar arrives."

Lol, the real issue is what guitar will you by after getting a fiore? Lol

You're speaking to a guy who has barely touched his SE HBII Piezo because he's enjoying his more recently self-tweaked McCarty. That, and the fact that most of his Gigboard presets are skewed towards the McCarty, and the HBII presets have languished without much recent use.

Would that suggest I sell the HBII in hopes of scraping up more cash for a Fiore? Heck, no. One thing I've learned is to never sell something that has received minimal use, until the day arrives when you might actually need the cash, instead of wanting cash for a luxury purchase.

I've personally tried to live being content with what I currently have and not let a desire for something cause me to stray from what I have. While the gear market is primarily driven by word of mouth and keeping up with the Joneses, it may seem strange to you that I can't covet someone else's gear every time someone posts about their recent finds or purchases.

We must accept that we must live within our means, and creating a Go-Fund-Me page for a new guitar would not only be silly, it would also be dishonestly greedy.

Fiore? A whim. Ask me what guitar I might think I might need once all guitars in my sig have had their chance in my household. None currently will be up for sale, and no, I'm currently saving for a replacement A/C and car repairs if and when they will be needed.

You're speaking to a guy who has barely touched his SE HBII Piezo because he's enjoying his more recently self-tweaked McCarty. That, and the fact that most of his Gigboard presets are skewed towards the McCarty, and the HBII presets have languished without much recent use.

Would that suggest I sell the HBII in hopes of scraping up more cash for a Fiore? Heck, no. One thing I've learned is to never sell something that has received minimal use, until the day arrives when you might actually need the cash, instead of wanting cash for a luxury purchase.

I've personally tried to live being content with what I currently have and not let a desire for something cause me to stray from what I have. While the gear market is primarily driven by word of mouth and keeping up with the Joneses, it may seem strange to you that I can't covet someone else's gear every time someone posts about their recent finds or purchases.

We must accept that we must live within our means, and creating a Go-Fund-Me page for a new guitar would not only be silly, it would also be dishonestly greedy.

Fiore? A whim. Ask me what guitar I might think I might need once all guitars in my sig have had their chance in my household. None currently will be up for sale, and no, I'm currently saving for a replacement A/C and car repairs if and when they will be needed.
Well said

Grateful for video. Not much info was released by PRS for months after the reveal in January. I assumed they would split the humbucker with one of the tone knobs. And that appears incorrect. Not sure who decided to write the description for this guitar on PRS website but you would think they would describe what the push/pull actually did. In terms of sounds I prefer the Silver Sky and won’t be changing. But it’s awesome that they are expanding more into the single coil world. Only a matter of time until they explore the Tele side of it. The vela is probably the closest they get.

Back