Fiore vs SS.

I watched this late last night too. Well worth a watch.

Hmm, very interesting! This has now piqued my interest in this model.

Because as noted in the video, I thought it might "just" be a Silver Sky with a HB in the bridge and a flatter FB. It is clearly a very different beast. And I like adding to my menagerie!

I don't mind waiting a bit though - maybe next year?

Last edited:
Not sure I agree about the bridge tone pot putting the humbucker into parallel just because he can't hear hum though - the standard PRS trick of using a resistor to keep some of the other side of the humbucker on to balance for volume removed the hum too and it's more likely that is exactly what they're doing here too

The Fiore is what I dream an ideal "strat"-style guitar might be. I've tried Suhr Classic Pro's both strat and tele, and the Fiore covers both bases. The Fiore includes the 2 tone PP knobs for "no-60 cycle hum" parallel/series and "outer pickup tele configs" that prove invaluable for guitarists that might need both a strat and a tele for a gig.

These are good selling points; the fretwork and neck carve are less of an issue, but I think I'd need to feel how the neck is before committing to a purchase.

Last edited:
I was all excited about the neck dimensions, but unless I missed it, nothing was said about the nut width. That is the number that I want to know.

IMHO, the SS has more of the classic strat neck/middle quack in the 2nd and 4th blade position. By contrast, the Fiore has more pronounced push in the mids and bass.

2 different flavors sporting different configs (pickups with different ohm resistances, the neck carve, radius, body material, fretboard, tuning screws, etc.)

Neither is "better" than the other, but will produce different tones for what you might need.

Long story short, do your homework, determine what genres and style music you'd need the guitar for, and prepare to whip out that CC card once you've felt confident enough with either your research or a personal test drive.

You & me both. Though I'd be happy with just the Fiore...:)
I could easily swing one if I sell a few guitars (I know, I know), but I wouldn't want to buy one without playing both to be sure which I wanted more. I need to quit screwing around and sell some things so I'm ready just in case I ever DO get to play one of either.

Back