Fiore vs SS.

Grateful for video. Not much info was released by PRS for months after the reveal in January. I assumed they would split the humbucker with one of the tone knobs. And that appears incorrect. Not sure who decided to write the description for this guitar on PRS website but you would think they would describe what the push/pull actually did. In terms of sounds I prefer the Silver Sky and won’t be changing. But it’s awesome that they are expanding more into the single coil world. Only a matter of time until they explore the Tele side of it. The vela is probably the closest they get.

Without venturing into the legal practice side of things, PRS would need to consider its material stock, the CNC routing programming, and several additional factors that might be a "tip of the hat" to current Tele builders for their expertise and knowledge of Tele shaped guitars.

The Vela is the closest currently to a a Tele, but truthfully, is not the same, neither in design nor pickup. What may be the conceivable R&D brainchild is the development of a PRS lipstick single coil pickup, and noiseless single coil/humbucker switching. You might see numerous traditional Tele guitarists flocking to PRS if and when this occurs.

In that Trogley video he measures everything. The nut was 1.65" / 41.9mm.
Kind of what I expected. I prefer 1 11/16”, but I will not turn my nose up at this if I get a chance to try one. At least it isn’t 1 ⅝”. Small differences, I know, but we like what we like.

I’m very intrigued by the Fiore. It sounded incredible in the first video. The Trogli video not so much but I think that was due to the user. I love the maple neck and the balance between all the pickups. I do miss the beautiful tops PRS is known for. Ash is it’s own thing so I understand. Can’t wait to try one out.

I might have a Crazy Idea if I think the neck is a bit to small when I get mine ;)

So McKnight has a tuner on the heasdstock to check tuning stability after whammy bar use...
Uses the whammy bar, but did he ever report back on its effect on tuning ?

It would be nice to see more translucent colors, so the ash grain is more prevalent . The Red is nice, but a tobacco sunburst might really set if off.

Back