First gig w new Fiore

Sweet!! I wasn't interested in those until the sunburst was released. Looks killer. The wiring seems very versatile. I have a 3 knob HSS shredder that I'm gonna mod to match the Fiore electronics....

Obviously without Mr. Lettieri pickups....

How are you liking the guitar? What types of stuff and tones are you using it for?
Love the guitar. First time playing alone at home I thought it sounded fabulous. First time in band practice it sounded pretty bright. Was worried about gig tone but adjusted my amp and pedal settings dialing back treble and upping preamp gain a little and all was great. I was comingfrom an Axis Sport with pretty hot Dimarzio humbuckers. I need alot of versatile tones from thin to thick and ferocious. This gets it done in 'high' fidelity. Looking forward to the future. The sonic clarity, even at higher gain settings is really nice.

Sweet!! I wasn't interested in those until the sunburst was released. Looks killer. The wiring seems very versatile. I have a 3 knob HSS shredder that I'm gonna mod to match the Fiore electronics....

Obviously without Mr. Lettieri pickups....
Love the sunburst ("Sunflower"). This is my first guitar with 3 pickups, so I am getting to know it a bit. My picking attack I realize falls right where the middle pu is located. No concern though. Also, longer tremolo bar takes some getting used to but after one gig (worth a dozen practices) I can tell it is going to be really useful. Good luck on the mod!

Yeah...that middle pickup can be a stitch. I grew up mostly playing HSS guitars once I settled into what I liked. But, I got used to 25.5" 22 fret, Floyd Rose loaded guitars. I have always struggled with 3 pickup PRS guitars because of the odd little shift on the middle pickup placement (probably imagined, in all reality) on different models keeps me at the 2 HB setup.

However the Fiore is pretty much a PRS version of what I grew up playing....

Looks like I talked myself into a new guitar. Now...just for a cool color!!!

Love the guitar. First time playing alone at home I thought it sounded fabulous. First time in band practice it sounded pretty bright. Was worried about gig tone but adjusted my amp and pedal settings dialing back treble and upping preamp gain a little and all was great. I was comingfrom an Axis Sport with pretty hot Dimarzio humbuckers. I need alot of versatile tones from thin to thick and ferocious. This gets it done in 'high' fidelity. Looking forward to the future. The sonic clarity, even at higher gain settings is really nice.
I have (and LOVE) an Axis. I’ve always loved HSS and wonder if this might be better for me than my Silver Sky

Last edited:
Have not played or heard a Silver Sky in person, but have high regard for John Mayer so I imagine they are brilliant. There were a number of factors in my decision. Significant was that I wanted a bit more tone versatility and did not want to bring two vuitars to a gig. I still have my EBMM and love it.

Have not played or heard a Silver Sky in person, but have high regard for John Mayer so I imagine they are brilliant. There were a number of factors in my decision. Significant was that I wanted a bit more tone versatility and did not want to bring two vuitars to a gig. I still have my EBMM and love it.
I love my Axis so much I've always considered checking out an SS to see if I want to add one of those. Same basic tones I have now, but more versatile, and with the trem I love on my JP12BFR instead of the Floyd on my Axis (which I also dig!). Unfortunately, I've never gotten a chance to play one. We have a couple EBMM dealers around but they always have Majesty's, Cutless, etc. but never an Axis (SS or regular)

The axis ss w 5 way switch and mm vintage trem is GREAT and what I have been using. Super versatile. One of the best guitars around I think. The neck and frets on the Fiore are super high quality but a bit bigger which am i am also getting used to after many yesrs on tbe ‘skinny’ EBMM.

Back