Favorite?

Not possible to single any one guitar out, but this Collection Series DGT is one of those in my top tier. There’s just something magical about these early Collection Series guitars.
CNdDG8Z.jpg
w3xL5z3.jpg
H3s1LN3.jpg

Definitely! I have;

A Private Stock SC/HB with a solid ziricote neck that sounds other-worldly, an Archtop Jazz that sounded so good I put my CS Historic Byrdland up for sale, a Santana Brazilian Limited that several are still trying to cajole me into selling to them (never!), a really special one-off core Starla personally built for a premier PRS dealer whom I convinced to sell it to me, and a basic '06 Cu24 AP.

All are truly special and very close to my heart, but the one to which I feel the strongest connection and that I reach for most often is the most 'ordinary', my Cu24. I've owned five of them before this one, but it sounds like no other, and I knew my Cu24 quest was over the second I first played it.

Definitely! I have;

A Private Stock SC/HB with a solid ziricote neck that sounds other-worldly, an Archtop Jazz that sounded so good I put my CS Historic Byrdland up for sale, a Santana Brazilian Limited that several are still trying to cajole me into selling to them (never!), a really special one-off core Starla personally built for a premier PRS dealer whom I convinced to sell it to me, and a basic '06 Cu24 AP.

All are truly special and very close to my heart, but the one to which I feel the strongest connection and that I reach for most often is the most 'ordinary', my Cu24. I've owned five of them before this one, but it sounds like no other, and I knew my Cu24 quest was over the second I first played it.

I’m interested in the Hollowbody jazzer. Just looking at the way it’s built intrigues me. Great ideas!

A few days ago I started my annual “play everything” cycle. It ensures that I spend a bit of time with guitars that might sit around a lot and makes sure I don’t have any dead batteries sitting in anything.

It also makes it clear that picking a favourite is impossible. I’m still on music room acoustics. It was fun to be reminded how special the Tonare sounds.
CK_312CollectionTop.JPG

That's an insanely nice flame top, better than most PS and AP I've seen :)
Thanks, but to be perfectly honest, it's just that the light caught it at exactly the right angle. It was sitting in my car trunk in the parking lot of my office at about 8am in summer if I recall.
In normal light it looks very much like a regular ten top. Lovely nonetheless, and thanks again!

Back