Favorite?

I've been thinking the same thing. I have several guitars that I haven't touched in a year or more. If I sell them off, or trade them all at once, THAT becomes a PRS!!!
That’s the right(only) thing to do.

My #1 for more than thirty years. I love everything about this guitar and we have developed a special bond after countless hundreds of hours together. After a decade or so, she was the first guitar I ever was inspired to give a name. Now all my guitars get names - I have a decent sized stable by now and it helps me keep them straight in my mind, especially the models I have quite a few of.

I have some guitars that are much prettier, and many that are more valuable. A few have become old friends which no longer seem like tools; they're really more like collaborators. None has been as articulate and inspiring as this, my first-ever PRS when I bought her new back in '87. Supernaturally lively, amazingly responsive.

Not much to look at, but man, does she sing!

Link to a post I wrote about her last Winter for the thread "When did you first hear about PRS"
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...t-made-you-want-to-own-one.29396/#post-373699

I finally did it!

I narrowed down my favorite. I am so proud of me.

Here it is:

NxkRkE9.jpg

Okay so there’s three of them.

:oops:

I like to think of them as a package deal. Together ‘they’ are my favorite.

I tried to narrow it down to one. Honestly I did.

I finally did it!

Here it is:

NxkRkE9.jpg

Nice! Is that a Northern Lights on the right? Looks like a PS!

I finally did it!

Here it is:

NxkRkE9.jpg

And my McKorina is apparently pissed at me (playing all out of tune and shyt this morning) because she wasn’t included in the ‘favorite’ photo. Time for her to go take her long winter vacation ... in her case.

Women and their mood swings.

o_O

They’re beautiful! Give us more insight into why you chose them?

Sure...

The Strat that’s pictured consistently produces sounds that match the Strat tone that I hear in my head. It was not an expensive guitar (early 1980s model) but the pickups sound awesome and the guitar was well broken in by the time that I got it. Basically, it feels and sounds right. Consistently. Because of this guitar, I stopped chasing single coils. I haven’t split or tapped a humbucker since I got this Strat. It’s that good.

The Custom 24 was a shocker. I bought it because it was cheap and as an experiment to see how much difference the Rosewood neck and Brazzy board would make on a bright 24 fretter. To my surprise this guitar exhibited the same characteristics as my solid Brazzy neck guitars. It produced a thick Reverby articulate tone where the neck resonates in the hand. It was an instant love fest. That’s why I sold my other Custom 24. It’s just the meanest smoothest tone and the guitar is so easy to play. Besides that, sometimes I stare at the quilt top and become hypnotized...

The McCarty Rosewood. 4 words: Brazilian neck, Purple, 58/15LT. It’s just perfect. The sweetest most articulate tone ever created. So dynamic. So responsive. Not very mean, not extremely aggressive but ridiculously beautiful. The 85/15 in the bridge helps push the amp but the guitar still needs a bit of amp tweaking to cut through a mix. Aside from that, it’s an amazing guitar and sounds gorgeous even when played acoustically.

Their names are Aile, ViolaBlu, and Habibi.

:)

Sure...

The Strat that’s pictured consistently produces sounds that match the Strat tone that I hear in my head. It was not an expensive guitar (early 1980s model) but the pickups sound awesome and the guitar was well broken in by the time that I got it. Basically, it feels and sounds right. Consistently. Because of this guitar, I stopped chasing single coils. I haven’t split or tapped a humbucker since I got this Strat. It’s that good.

The Custom 24 was a shocker. I bought it because it was cheap and as an experiment to see how much difference the Rosewood neck and Brazzy board would make on a bright 24 fretter. To my surprise this guitar exhibited the same characteristics as my solid Brazzy neck guitars. It produced a thick Reverby articulate tone where the neck resonates in the hand. It was an instant love fest. That’s why I sold my other Custom 24. It’s just the meanest smoothest tone and the guitar is so easy to play. Besides that, sometimes I stare at the quilt top and become hypnotized...

The McCarty Rosewood. 4 words: Brazilian neck, Purple, 58/15LT. It’s just perfect. The sweetest most articulate tone ever created. So dynamic. So responsive. Not very mean, not extremely aggressive but ridiculously beautiful. The 85/15 in the bridge helps push the amp but the guitar still needs a bit of amp tweaking to cut through a mix. Aside from that, it’s an amazing guitar and sounds gorgeous even when played acoustically.

Their names are Aile, ViolaBlu, and Habibi.

:)

Sweet!

Apropos of Cassi’s post, where she mentions the names of her guitars, despite many guitars, and many years of playing, I’ve only managed to name one of mine, and that name started out as kind of a tongue-in-cheek one as humor for a post here when I first got it a few years ago.

Not that I wouldn’t want to name my guitars - I just never seem to be able to come up with names for them, so I just call them by their model names. >shrug<

I still think of the name for this one as kind of a tongue-in-cheek humor thing; I call this McCarty Singlecut PS model The Hammer Of The Gods. The name stuck because during an ad soundtrack recording session, the singer on the project said, “You sound like a god on that thing!” She was right about the guitar, but not about my playing, of course...the tone is special, though it’s not all PS-blingy:

9jbLbz1.jpg

Tim Pierce, Howard Leese, and a few other notables bought guitars from this run. Unlike me, they do the guitars justice.

Last edited:
Apropos of Cassi’s post, where she mentions the names of her guitars, despite many guitars, and many years of playing, I’ve only managed to name one of mine, and that name started out as kind of a tongue-in-cheek one as humor for a post here when I first got it a few years ago.

Not that I wouldn’t want to name my guitars - I just never seem to be able to come up with names for them, so I just call them by their model names. >shrug<

I still think of the name for this one as kind of a tongue-in-cheek humor thing; I call this McCarty Singlecut PS model The Hammer Of The Gods. The name stuck because during an ad soundtrack recording session, the singer on the project said, “You sound like a god on that thing!” She was right about the guitar, but not about my playing, of course...the tone is special, though it’s not all PS-blingy:

9jbLbz1.jpg

Tim Pierce, Howard Leese, and a few other notables bought guitars from this run. Unlike me, they do the guitars justice.
As beautiful and cool as your northern lights guitar is, and as totally bada$$ as your soapie is, of all your guitars, this is the one I’d take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back