Ever sit down to practice and EVERYTHING is aweful!?

Yea everyone has those days - just take a break and your mind off of for a bit. No use beating yourself up about it.

The most frustrating thing to me is when this happens at a show, but you just gotta plow through...

I seriously gotta stop being a wuss and sign up for some lessons too.
There's not much more confronting for me than singing solo in front of someone who is a whole lot better than I am. I've sung live to hundreds of people many times but the thought of a vocal lesson scares the crap out of me.

I haven't touched a guitar since Sunday. I'd wager I am all over the place right now.

Someone mentioned ruts...check out Victor Wooten...live if he's ever in your town...he gives so many ideas on breaking out of ruts, and how to start with new ideas. Really great motivation, and really good guy. Oh, and schmokin' bass player!!

Mostly it happens to me when I'm really tired and am forcing myself to play because I need the hours. my playing ends up being phoned in, and i don't even smile like I did in the lounge lizard day of pretending to enjoy it.

Someone mentioned ruts...check out Victor Wooten...live if he's ever in your town...he gives so many ideas on breaking out of ruts, and how to start with new ideas. Really great motivation, and really good guy. Oh, and schmokin' bass player!!
Someone lent me his book the other day, I'll give it a read when I'm at sea next. He's an absolute monster on bass, blows my mind!

Someone lent me his book the other day, I'll give it a read when I'm at sea next. He's an absolute monster on bass, blows my mind!

I think the "The Music Lesson" is a must read for any musician.

pick up my acoustic, and I'm like 'so when am I gonna start touring?',

pick up my electric and I either sound like a seal flapping at the fretboard or some alternative rock god... but definitely more seal...

I think everyone has bad days regardless of what he's doing. I bet Marc Zuckerberg occasionally doesn't feel like turning his computer on) so it's totally fine

Back