Ever Find Yourself Looking At Really Crazy Things And Thinking, 'Gee, Maybe'?

Paging @Aahzz to the courtesy phone.

SOLUTION! Les, you come to Cinci for a Batsakes, while here, we trade PRS 2x12 cabs. I need the rocker cab you have, and you need my pine one.

Multiple problems solved with one stroke. (TWSS)
Heck a world class hat for less than a third the cash... for the money I just saved you, you could just give me the cab... or throw in an HX/DA. Either would be good.

i'm all about that keybed, plus it's important to look like you're playing something rented.
The Nord's Piano's keybed is made by Kawai. I don't know who makes the keybed for their other models, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's either Kawai or Fatar.

There aren't all that many companies that make them. I have a Yamaha controller; I believe they make their own keybeds; it feels like a piano, which is great.

Does one martini get you drunk? (Serious question. I've never had one).
I'm a very cheap date. F'rinstance, one beer or glass of wine is all I can handle, and I never drink more.

A whole martini is too much alcohol for me. A half, sure, maybe sometimes a little too relaxing, hence the hat extravaganza. But I wasn't drunk or I'd have actually BOUGHT the hat!!

Paging @Aahzz to the courtesy phone.

SOLUTION! Les, you come to Cinci for a Batsakes, while here, we trade PRS 2x12 cabs. I need the rocker cab you have, and you need my pine one.

Multiple problems solved with one stroke. (TWSS)
You know, I haven't been to Cincinnati in many years. Nice town, if you ask me.

P.S., did Aahzz buy a $1000 derby?? :eek:

P.S., did Aahzz buy a $1000 derby?? :eek:
No, but he got at least one from Batsakes. Did a thread about it here. That's the store that my grandfather used to get his hats from. World class custom made hats, been in business for over 100 years. They are expensive, but nowhere near a grand. At least, I don't think they are... calling Aahzz...

The Nord's Piano's keybed is made by Kawai. I don't know who makes the keybed for their other models, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's either Kawai or Fatar.

There aren't all that many companies that make them. I have a Yamaha controller; I believe they make their own keybeds; it feels like a piano, which is great.
i assume it's all outsourced, for sure.

you know, i like yamaha but then the left channel output on my (just discontinued) hs10w shubwoofer stopped passing a signal just yesterday, and i am annoyed, so i am not buying any of their keyboards.

Me, no, but the fact that Les is sticking to a half of one may indicate that a whole one is too much (though not necessarily drunk). Then again, I don't play with vodka much, and gin is out of the question for me (worst hangovers I have ever had are from gin, in excess of course)!
The classic recipe for a martini is 2/3 gin, 1/3 dry vermouth, and a splash of bitters, served with either a lemon twist or olives. But the recipes vary; I use 1/6 dry vermouth (usually Dolin), and 5/6 gin (Hendricks, sometimes Monkey 47 if I want to get really fancy). I like the variety in Bittermen's bitters. I've also garnished the drink with the combination of an olive and a hot pepper (I know, bad me, I am a sucker for spicy).

I have one of those Japanese measuring jiggers with interior markings so I can be precise.

Speaking only for myself, a vodka 'martini' is doesn't qualify as a martini. But I know lots of martini drinkers who order vodka martinis. Sometimes I even refrain from lecturing them! ;)

No, but he got at least one from Batsakes. Did a thread about it here. That's the store that my grandfather used to get his hats from. World class custom made hats, been in business for over 100 years. They are expensive, but nowhere near a grand. At least, I don't think they are... calling Aahzz...
I remember the thread. Very classy shop.

i assume it's all outsourced, for sure.

you know, i like yamaha but then the left channel output on my (just discontinued) hs10w shubwoofer stopped passing a signal just yesterday, and i am annoyed, so i am not buying any of their keyboards.
They discontinued my keyboard like a second after I bought one, and it had just come out. It was only on the market a very short time.

What's always disappointed me about Yamaha, Roland, and Korg is that they keep churning their product lines over and over, and they're really just recycling the same ideas for the most part. After a while I stopped being interested in their synths.

But the Yamaha keybeds feel a lot like their pianos, which kinda works for me, so...what can I tell you.

Mrs AR makes many online purchases like this at 2am, without the aid of a Martini.
My daughters buy all kinds of online stuff, and then don't even want to keep much of it, but can't be bothered to take the trouble to return it.

They have boxes and boxes of things to be returned in their houses that will never be sent back. I don't know what they're thinking. It makes me nuts.

All the key beds I’ve tried lately kinda suck, not really so much the weighted or semi weighted, but just like, the plain old synth action key beds.

I returned a Roland I bought right before Covid because it felt awful, and made me think the keys were smaller?

I know Korg is owned by Yamaha and they kinda keep the R&D separate, but I assume they use the same beds.

I would like to make an observation:

So far there are 57 posts in a thread about a hat I looked at for a few minutes, but didn't buy.

There are 36 posts in a thread linking music that took me like a week to make, which tells me all I need to know about the quality of my music!!

"Yeah, well, time to change careers. Les."

"What've you got in mind?"

"What was Methuselah's occupation?"

"No one remembers."

"Well, that's pretty close to how your work will be regarded, so..."

:rolleyes:

I would like to make an observation:

So far there are 57 posts in a thread about a hat I looked at for a few minutes, but didn't buy.

There are 36 posts in a thread linking music that took me like a week to make, which tells me all I need to know about the quality of my music!!

"Yeah, well, time to change careers. Les."

"What've you got in mind?"

"What was Methuselah's occupation?"

"No one remembers."

"Well, that's pretty close to how your work will be regarded, so..."

:rolleyes:
This thread was built for banter though! The music thread not so much IMO!! Uh oh, here we go, song idea (based on phrase "Built for banter")!!!

Back