"End Of The World" Guitar?

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
So I have this guitar idea I can't stop obsessing over...

You know that whole "End of the World" discussion tied to the end of the Mayan calendar? That date is 21 Dec 2012. Never to be repeated again.

The Mayan calendar is comprised of 13 "baktun's" and this is End-of-Times scenario is framed by the end of the 13th Mayan baktun.

EDIT... This spec sheet (below) was revised on 6 Sept

Base Model: DC22
Control Layout: DC22
Scale: 24.5"
Frets: 22
Neck Carve: Santana
Body: 1-piece, flat-sawn, Mahogany (hand-selected for tone and weight)
Top: Cocobolo
Neck: Figured Mahogany
Fretboard: Mexican Blackwood or Ebony (gotta be black) with 11.5" radius
Fretboard inlay: (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ecezKRKQed...n-Priest19.jpg)
Frets: Same as West Street Limited with hidden tang
Headstock Shape: Santana
Headstock Color: Gold Leaf with etched gold PS Eagle and a banner reading "End of the World"
Hardware: Gold
Bridge: Stoptail
Pickups: Humbuckers (splitable) or P90's in maple and stained Azul Maya
Color: Clear nitro over back, top and neck
Binding: Bound body, neck and headstock in flamed maple stained Mayan Blue (http://www.nationalgeographicexpedit...0945539_71.jpg)
Case: Silhouette hard case with Leopard print interior (Mayans loved Leopards)
Guitar build date: 21 Dec 2012 (The end of the 13 b'ak'tun on the Mayan calendar) DC22

Last edited:
That would be a very cool guitar!

Assuming, of course, that the world doesn't actually, you know, end that day... ;)

I would think you'd want to make sure it's Honduran or Central American Mahogany.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;20960 said:
So I have this guitar idea I can't stop obsessing over...

You know that whole "End of the World" discussion tied to the end of the Mayan calendar? That date is 21 Dec 2012. Never to be repeated again.

The Mayan calendar is comprised of 13 "baktun's" and this is End-of-Times scenario is framed by the end of the 13th Mayan baktun.

Base Model: DC22
Scale: 24.5"
Frets: 22
Neck Carve: Santana
Body: 1-piece Mahogany (hand-selected for tone and weight)
Neck: Figured Mahogany
Fretboard: Mexican Blackwood or Ebony (gotta be black) with 12" radius
Fretboard inlay: Circular Mayan Calendar @ 12th fret (http://www.crystalinks.com/aug11mayacalendar.jpg)
Frets: Same as West Street Limited with hidden tang
Headstock Shape: Santana
Headstock Color: Gold Leaf with this inlay (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ecezKRKQedg/Sy5ymHCTfAI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/4CsQRD3ZatY/s400/Mayan-Priest19.jpg)
Hardware: Mixed (Gold and Nickel) Ebony buttons on tuners.
Bridge: P22 Stoptail
Pickups: Brushed Gold 53/10's (splitable)
Body Color: Azul Maya (http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/images/photocontest/2009/photos/1230945539_71.jpg)
Neck Color: Clear (to see figured mahogany)
Case: Silhouette hard case with Leopard print interior (Mayans loved Leopards)
Guitar build date: 21 Dec 2012 (The date the Mayan calendar ends)

TGS Beat you to it! (well, not to your spec's of course, and not with your uber-cool headstock inlay)

"EARTH 2012 PRIVATE STOCK LIMITED RUN

2012 is supposed to be the "end" of Earth as we know it.

I don't buy it.. So I created a few guitars that would be pretty outstanding keepsakes for the years to come, to commemorate our survival.

EARTH 2012 SPECS
Intense Curly REDWOOD top
Curly Redwood backplate and heel cap
OBECHE back
Intense Curly MAHOGANY neck
Pattern Wide Fat carve
Cocobolo fingerboard
Mammoth Ivory 20th Anniversary birds w/mammoth Ivory Wisps
GOLD BANNER ENGRAVED \"EARTH 2012\"
High Gloss nitro
Natural w/Smoked Burst
57/08 pups
McCarty Switching
Gold/Nickel PRS STOPTAIL
Phase 3 Tuners with IVOROID buttons"

Turned out fantastic in my opinion....

Earth-2.jpg

Earth-1.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;21073 said:
That's a negative, Ghostrider. Brent dreams up some way cool stuff but if it's not Mayan, it's not the same.

Can't argue with that!!!!

EARTH 2012 SPECS
Intense Curly REDWOOD top
Curly Redwood backplate and heel cap
OBECHE back
Intense Curly MAHOGANY neck
Pattern Wide Fat carve
Cocobolo fingerboard
Mammoth Ivory 20th Anniversary birds w/mammoth Ivory Wisps
GOLD BANNER ENGRAVED \"EARTH 2012\"
High Gloss nitro
Natural w/Smoked Burst
57/08 pups
McCarty Switching
Gold/Nickel PRS STOPTAIL
Phase 3 Tuners with IVOROID buttons"

I was beginning to wonder what PRS was going to do with all of that left over obeche. ;)

I was beginning to wonder what PRS was going to do with all of that left over obeche. ;)
It sustains forever. Sometimes you have to tell Obeche to shut the hell up. I'm not saying that you should smack your Obeche around, but there is a limit to how much a son of Obeche can take!

Many would like to think they can just summon Obeche when they wanna play but it doesn't work that way. You have to keep your Obeche in a nice case, take it out and clean it up from time to time. Maybe even oil it when it needs it.

DC 22, awesome! I can vouch that the DC 22 is a TERRIFIC configuration, should be a production model IMO!

Nice spec! Would be killer...

P.S. Obeche rules too! ;)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;21088 said:
It sustains forever. Sometimes you have to tell Obeche to shut the hell up. I'm not saying that you should smack your Obeche around, but there is a limit to how much a son of Obeche can take!

Many would like to think they can just summon Obeche when they wanna play but it doesn't work that way. You have to keep your Obeche in a nice case, take it out and clean it up from time to time. Maybe even oil it when it needs it.

Me like this humor!

Evidently, I've been pronouncing Obeche wrong all this time, which rendered Hansomatic's humor underwhelming on first read. Isn't the first time, and won't be the last that the clever stuff flies right over my head... That's OK. I'm with the program now. To paraphrase an immortal former mayor from around these parts, obeche set me up.

Back