Forum Guitar: Rev 4 (The Final)

Man. A guy takes a small trip and the world explodes.

Let's see...
At 10PM last night I was in the hills of West Virginia....
without internet...
asleep.

It's gonna require that I sell more guitars, but:
IF a slot opens up or IF Hans and PRS extend the run to include latecomers...

My name is Bill
I'm willing to commit to this guitar and put down my deposit if PRS approves the run.
My dealer is Coffey Music.

And that, folks, is how it's done with class. Thank you Bill.

IF PRS agrees to anything we're talking about... you're #32.
Man. A guy takes a small trip and the world explodes.

Let's see...
At 10PM last night I was in the hills of West Virginia....
without internet...
asleep.

It's gonna require that I sell more guitars, but:
IF a slot opens up or IF Hans and PRS extend the run to include latecomers...

My name is Bill
I'm willing to commit to this guitar and put down my deposit if PRS approves the run.
My dealer is Coffey Music.

Guess i should join the forty man roster, even if it means selling stuff to Jon, Jon, and Ang. :cheers:

My name is Dave.
My dealer is Parkway Music.

Guess i should join the forty man roster, even if it means selling stuff to Jon, Jon, and Ang. :cheers:

My name is Dave.
My dealer is Parkway Music.
You're 33 Dave.

Remember... PRS has agreed to nothing. The hard part will be talking them into making it.

I have not been on the Forum much recently, with 2 Private Stocks in the oven, I haven't had much GAS.

But a DC22 Forum guitar? Count me in if more than 25 are being contemplated. 100%. Would be happy to do a deposit as Hans requests on the original post above, with a commitment for.

The 245 scale is "my scale", have 3 245 Private Stocks and 2 more on order, and just committed to a trade on a Santana today, for my ME Ltd I got on a trade from Howard Leese. I had two of the Musician's Friend DC22 guitars, one from each run, STELLAR guitars!

I would LOVE another one, especially with a two piece bridge and Paul's Guitar 408's.

Picking a dealer is the toughest part, I have a few GREAT pushers. :D Okay, Eric at Willcutt's, he is my 245 guy, my partner in crime on the epic Wood Library Ted Run, which I owned a good portion of, and the co-conspirator of 3 of my 245 Private Stocks!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;71634 said:
You're 33 Dave.

Remember... PRS has agreed to nothing. The hard part will be talking them into making it.

It REALLY pains me to be one behind Dave!!!

;)

Ok Pete... IF PRS is willing to build this forum guitar, you're #34.

I'm not sure what surprises me more, getting 25 people willing to write a check in 73 minutes flat or the fact that more people keep piling on.

I have not been on the Forum much recently, with 2 Private Stocks in the oven, I haven't had much GAS.

But a DC22 Forum guitar? Count me in if more than 25 are being contemplated. 100%. Would be happy to do a deposit as Hans requests on the original post above, with a commitment for.

The 245 scale is "my scale", have 3 245 Private Stocks and 2 more on order, and just committed to a trade on a Santana today, for my ME Ltd I got on a trade from Howard Leese. I had two of the Musician's Friend DC22 guitars, one from each run, STELLAR guitars!

I would LOVE another one, especially with a two piece bridge and Paul's Guitar 408's.

Picking a dealer is the toughest part, I have a few GREAT pushers. :D Okay, Eric at Willcutt's, he is my 245 guy, my partner in crime on the epic Wood Library Ted Run, which I owned a good portion of, and the co-conspirator of 3 of my 245 Private Stocks!

Man, having no internet at home is killing me!! I'm away from the civilized world for a few days and miss everything. Oh well, maybe I still have a chance.

Tyler
I agree to the deposit.
My dealer is Brent Moss at The Guitar Shop.

IF... PRS agrees to our request to make this guitar, you're #35. There is a distinct possibility they will decline our request.

Keep your expectations in check.

Tyler
I agree to the deposit.
My dealer is Brent Moss at The Guitar Shop.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;71346 said:
Model Name: FG22
Base Model: 22-fret Santana (Santana shaped body & headstock)
Scale:
24.5"
Hardware: Nickel
Body: Solid Mahogany (heavy Mahogany for good balance)
Top: Euro Maple to be hand-selected by Shawn Nuthall
Neck: Firewood (AKA Chaltecoco)
Fretboard: Dark Ebony (polished) with 10 degree radius
Frets: DGT fretwire with hidden fret tangs
Headstock Design: Hand-signed by Paul Smith (in gold metallic)
Truss Rod Cover: Official Forum TRC
Tuners: Phase 3 with ivoroid (cream) buttons to match cream pup rings
Inlay: Birds flying toward headstock in MOP
Pickups: Narrow 408's
Control Layout: Just like the Paul's Guitar with mini-toggles (not DC22 layout)
Finish: Matte nitro on neck, thin glossy nitro on body
Case: Silhouette (small), like Hollowbody case, in black tolex (Black Paisley is WAY too expensive)
Certificate: Signed by all PRS employees (Like the holiday card)

3 options:
1) Color: Vintage Natural, Armando's Amethyst, Violin Amber Sunburst, Faded Blue Jean, Vintage Yellow
2) Neck Carve: Pattern (like wide/fat), Pattern Regular, Pattern Thin
3) Bridge: Regular Tremolo or 2-piece PRS stoptail (no Piezo option)

Hans - Just curious, is the headstock veneer going to be dark ebony as well or will it be Chaltecoco?

If indeed more slots open up as Ruger posted above, I would be committed to put $$$ down.

Corey
My dealer is A Sharp Music Company.

Last edited:
All names in this thread and specs have been given to the PRS CEO along with a request to consider building this guitar.

When/if they ever consider it, I'm sure you'll hear about it. Right now it looks like a no-go.

Back