"End Of The World" Guitar?

...which rendered Hansomatic's humor underwhelming on first read.

I'm afraid it doesn't get much better. :(

tumblr_lo6shlaC5B1qakh43o1_500.gif

Ok... I think I have a new approach. I will update the 1st post too.

Base Model: DC22
Control Layout: DC22
Scale: 24.5"
Frets: 22
Neck Carve: Santana
Body: 1-piece, flat-sawn, Mahogany (hand-selected for tone and weight)
Top: Cocobolo
Neck: Figured Mahogany
Fretboard: Mexican Blackwood or Ebony (gotta be black) with 11.5" radius
Fretboard inlay: (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ecezKRKQed...n-Priest19.jpg)
Frets: Same as West Street Limited with hidden tang
Headstock Shape: Santana
Headstock Color: Gold Leaf with etched gold PS Eagle and a banner reading "End of the World"
Hardware: Gold
Bridge: Stoptail
Pickups: Humbuckers (splitable) or P90's in maple and stained Azul Maya
Color: Clear nitro over back, top and neck
Binding: Bound body, neck and headstock in flamed maple stained Mayan Blue (http://www.nationalgeographicexpedit...0945539_71.jpg)
Case: Silhouette hard case with Leopard print interior (Mayans loved Leopards)
Guitar build date: 21 Dec 2012 (The end of the 13 b'ak'tun on the Mayan calendar) DC22

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;21187 said:
I'm afraid it doesn't get much better. :(

tumblr_lo6shlaC5B1qakh43o1_500.gif

My name is "the Destroyer". You killed my father. You took all my private stocks. Your wife received a prototype. I actually have 5 fingers on both hands. I do believe that masks will be the fashion rage in the near future. Andre the Giant made a nice straight man. Which chalice will you drink from???

Prepare to die!

Inconceivable! How many other bowdlerized and otherwise distorted quotes from one of my favorite movies could I have stuck in there?? Oh, say "hi" to "miracle Max".

Last edited:
So how about this, these 13 EOTW PRS guitars get created from wood from the Mayan area. Then sold........does the end of the world happen with a 13 part harmony from all the owners playing at once?

"Life IS pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something"

Outstanding first post!

inconceivable.jpg

So how about this, these 13 EOTW PRS guitars get created from wood from the Mayan area. Then sold........does the end of the world happen with a 13 part harmony from all the owners playing at once?

"Life IS pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something"

I know what I am saving up for... END OF THE WORLD PRS!!! Cocobolo top and Mahogany body... As long as there isnly much of a stain. And why only 22 frets?? 24 is the way to go! If it's the really the end of the world, I want to be able to shred as high on the neck as I can! 22 frets doesn't quite do it for me! Here is my PRS Custum 24 10 top from 93... Thats my baby!
Qmm3sH

I know what I am saving up for... END OF THE WORLD PRS!!! Cocobolo top and Mahogany body... As long as there isnly much of a stain. And why only 22 frets?? 24 is the way to go! If it's the really the end of the world, I want to be able to shred as high on the neck as I can! 22 frets doesn't quite do it for me! Here is my PRS Custum 24 10 top from 93... Thats my baby!
Qmm3sH

Dude................................. Your Guitar looks like an X :eek: :confused:

I couldn't resist :D :D

If it's the really the end of the world, I want to be able to shred as high on the neck as I can! 22 frets doesn't quite do it for me!
398930_10150594457050388_221828791_n.jpg
Says the guy playing a cowboy-chord with his tongue out! ;-D Great looking fiddle.

Guys, an old friend who is a physicist at MIT got in touch with me to discuss the end of the world, and apparently, the date has been moved up. He says some of the alien astronauts that gave the Maya all that information to do their calculations predicting the December 21, 2012 date, got in touch with him.

Apparently the world was created as a kind of Disneyland for alien visits, and they don't really give a darn about us, they're creating a new alien Disneyland. So they're shutting us down.

But their Disney type client wants them to move the date up to November 7, 2012, so they can get holographic imaging video of the end of the world shot, edited and scored to picture in time for Alien New Year broadcast on the History2 cable channel on their planet. It'll be kind of a retrospective of the complete history of the world, and of course will culminate in spectacular footage of the world ending.

My friend tells me they know I worked with the voice of Darth Vader (hey, they're aliens, maybe they think he's really Darth Vader?), heard I work pretty quickly, and wanted a quote for the score and audio post; the thing is that, since the Earth will be ended, if I'm picked I'll be obliged to do the score aboard their mother ship. Anyway, I gave them a quote. I guess we'll see if they dig the reel.

He says because it's cable, they really don't have a big budget, which, ok, the world is ending anyway, where am I going to spend it?

Anyway, if you're planning to get one of these guitars done, you might want to get started a little earlier. ;)

Oh yeah, he says they all use iPhones and Macs. He didn't say what kind of guitars they play, but since I haven't seen them, I'd say it's possible they don't play guitars. Maybe they play accordions or banjos. It's anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Back