DW CE24 volume knob too much friction

dwce24

I am a new owner of the DW CE24 Floyd and love the guitar. The only think I would like to change is the volume pot. There is too much friction, the tone pot is great it has very little friction. I do a lot of volume swells with pinky and cannot do it proficiently with the existing pot.

The post on the volume pot (on DW CE24) is smooth, unlike the pictures of the replacement volume pots on PRS website where the posts are ribbed. Are the ribbed volume pots on site low friction? And if so what is the diameter of the post?

I do like the large 1" metal knobs on the DW CE24 however they will not fit on the EVH low friction volume pot (the post is too large in diameter for DW knob) so I cannot replace with the EVH unless I replace knobs as well.

I am looking for low friction volume pots that will accommodate the DW CE24 knobs.

Any suggestions? I have sent support 3 emails and have not rec'd a response.

Sounds like the DW uses a different pot from the PRS norm. You can't beat the regular core PRS volume pot, IMO. Some people dislike them because they turn effortlessly.

They're a standard imperial spec knurled spline. You can make it more friendly to the DW knob with one of those little brass conversion collars.

I'm also a fan of the Mojotone vintage taper pots. Not quite as smooth rolling as the PRS branded, but still much nicer than the everyday CTS pots.

Sounds like the DW uses a different pot from the PRS norm. You can't beat the regular core PRS volume pot, IMO. Some people dislike them because they turn effortlessly.

They're a standard imperial spec knurled spline. You can make it more friendly to the DW knob with one of those little brass conversion collars.

I'm also a fan of the Mojotone vintage taper pots. Not quite as smooth rolling as the PRS branded, but still much nicer than the everyday CTS pots.

Thank you garrett. That was helpful!

Back