CTS pots and PRS knobs

mrut

Can anyone tell me if any of the USA knobs fit the standard CTS pots? I've read several posts where the cts pot diameter is slightly smaller than the knob. If so, do they only properly fit the (overpriced) PRS branded pots?

Can anyone tell me if any of the USA knobs fit the standard CTS pots? I've read several posts where the cts pot diameter is slightly smaller than the knob. If so, do they only properly fit the (overpriced) PRS branded pots?
They are CTS pots, so have the same shaft size. They are not just "branded", they are customized for, or specifically changed by, PRS. I believe that a washer is removed so they turn more freely. In any event, they can't be compared in price to a normal CTS pot, there is no other similar pot for reference, so they can't be "overpriced".

PRS pots are actually made by Bourns
CTS..this has been discussed a bit before. The markings currently on the PCB match CTS. There have been reported times/periods in the past from Bourns, but the ones pictured on the web, stock, and guitars has been CTS for a while.

I'm taking about the volume pot.

Last edited:
Back