Does anyone know if all PRS SE's come with a gig bag?

MF was mentioned above, and here it states their SEs come with a gig bag.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/prs-se-one-korina-electric-guitar
Features

Single-cutaway korina body
Acrylic finish
Set korina neck
Set construction
Wide fat neck shape
25" scale length
Rosewood fretboard
22 frets
10" radius
Bird inlays
Nickel hardware
PRS-stoptail bridge
PRS-designed tuners
Single soapbar pickup in bridge position
Volume control
PRS Cordura gig bag

I'm pretty sure the MF and Guitar Center are the only two places where SE's do NOT come with gig bags and I have no idea Ron. I remember GC Ron posting about it a year or two ago how Guitar Center doesnt sell them with gig bags - its a bummer for sure!

I'm pretty sure the MF and Guitar Center are the only two places where SE's do NOT come with gig bags and I have no idea Ron. I remember GC Ron posting about it a year or two ago how Guitar Center doesnt sell them with gig bags - its a bummer for sure!

Indeed. But at the same time, are their prices the same? I remember when the new 24SEs came out. At my GC the blue ones were only $479 and the burst were $709!
FWIW- GC does price match plus 10% of the difference.
I'm no "GC Evangelist" but they are the best store with the best guitar knowledge staff where I live.
As for their Indianapolis, Flint or Saginaw - I will never shop those locations again. Especially Indianapolis.

Last edited:
The Grand Rapids (MI) Guitar Center gets the SE guitars from PRS without gig bags. I know this because I have watched them bring boxed SEs to the floor which are trapezoidal looking and have no signs of being previously opened as the employee looked around for something to break the package seals with.
Another key to knowing: Guitar Center price tags say "Price with Bag" or "Price with Case" right below their big price number on the tag.

Is there anyone who works at PRS taking part of this discussion that can tell me whether or not the PRS bag would be in a separate box if the guitar was not packed in it?

Ah, Firebrand, good to have another West Michigan man on the forum! I try to avoid that GR GC like the plague, but sometimes it's the only way to get your hands on a PRS. A necessary evil I guess!

Back