Best Gig Bag for PRS DGT SE ?? - Suggestions please.

I keep my CU24 Core in a Mono bag and it travels all over for gigs with no concerns. I also recently bought one of the premium PRS bags for my SE CU24 and it is a great bag! I would put it up against the Mono for protection, ease of use and light weight.

No love for the PRS Premium gig bag? I don’t gig, but I keep my cores in them as cases are a pain. But they seem way sturdier than the SE or CE gig bags, like the sides don’t squish much on the Premium like the 2 cheaper bags do.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a Premium PRS bag.

I like the PRS Premium bag, it's pretty darn nice for a traditional gig bag.

I just picked up a PRS Premium gig bag, direct from the Accessory store, for my Mira X. (My Mira came in a hard-case mind you, but hey that guitar is like 5 lbs. and the hard-case is 1,000,000 lbs., so I felt like I wanted a lighter storage/carrying solution.)

The Premium bag is basically $10 more than the Signature (translation: standard) PRS gig bag, and I'd say that it's just about worth about $10 more. I kind of wish that the interior of the Premium were the fuzzy/felt type material, but unfortunately it's still nylon inside. I do like the non-floppy handle and the reinforced bumpers around the butt of the guitar. Plus I like that the backpack straps (which I don't see myself using) can be tucked into a dedicated pocket to keep them out of the way.

Yes, a Mono Vertigo might've been better, but for my cheapest and lightest-weight Core model, the Premium bag will do. Plus the price on the Mono's was a big turnoff.

Last edited:
+1 on the Mono. I‘ve used a Mono dual case for years, and it’s worked well. Yes, not the cheapest, but then neither is what’s in it. No damage through many, many less than stellar venues.

Another vote here for the Mono bags. Yes, they are pricey but for my application they work great.

Having said that, I just ordered the Gator Lightweight case for double cutaway guitars. I will have to see how I feel about that compared to the Mono.

Mono is the best I've seen. I also have a higher level PRS gig bag that has been designed for protection of the headstock.
I use the higher level PRS gig bags for all my PRS’s.. fine for local gigs …they work well, are padded and lightweight. The SE gig bags I just don’t care for and are really to big for a typical double cut or Santana and have almost no padding

I was thinking about picking up a Levy's gig bag if my Gold Top ever gets here...anyone have experience with these?

I was in my local music shop yesterday and they had one on display. I handled and fully inspected it and thought it was high quality and to the 9s

I was thinking about picking up a Levy's gig bag if my Gold Top ever gets here...anyone have experience with these?

I was in my local music shop yesterday and they had one on display. I handled and fully inspected it and thought it was high quality and to the 9s

I've used Levy's leather bags and they're excellent, very well made, but haven't tried that one. Looks pretty nice, though!

Levy’s makes really good gig bags at $119, you can’t go wrong for local work……best quality in the under $200 range, imho…….
and that neck support holder is the best! Better than my Gator, which is good, but not on quite the same level of quality as Levy’s

Last edited:
Dear All. Thanks so much for the invaluable feedback.
In then end I got a Gator.
Yes, I would have liked a Mono, but the UK price was more than the piggy bank could hold and I needed a bag pronto.
The Gator is semi-rigid, has lots of protection and I am happy with it. So, thanks again.

I have Mono, Reunion Blues and Gator gig bags. The Gator is my go to for weight, as it is much lighter than the others, but not nearly as protective. If I want the best protection, I'd go Mono, those cases are absolutely stellar.

I don't know about the best, but I looked for a good buy online for a week or two and then bought three of these for my SE's.

I think they're just standard CORE bags but they're comfy to carry and have a hanger on top to hang on pegs of the wall of my guitar closet easily.

Nice bags. Work fine.

Plenty of padding around the headstock. I like the Velcro inside that holds it secure.

Haven't broke anything yet. Actually I've never damaged a PRS.

I carry my 90's CE's and CU's (and newer Silver Sky and Strat) in them rather than use the heavy black rectangular style cases they came with.

Then I keep my SE Singlecuts hanging in them when I'm home.

About $100. Sometimes less if you're patient and shop a sale.

Last edited:
I have Mono, Reunion Blues and Gator gig bags. The Gator is my go to for weight, as it is much lighter than the others, but not nearly as protective. If I want the best protection, I'd go Mono, those cases are absolutely stellar.
Since you own both the Reunion Blues and the Mono, what is it about the Mono that you like over the RB?

I own a Mono for guitar, and a few older RB "Continental" (not the current "Voyager") for my basses. The RB (again, older version) keeps the headstock "floating", while in the mono, the top of the tilt-back headstock makes contact/rests on the back of the bag.

Still, the Mono seems much more protective than the "signature" bag... I'm on the fence about ordering one of the new RB Voyager bags to keep the headstock of my new CE "floating" inside the bag.

Here's a video addressing a similar concern (begining@13:01):

Thoughts?

Back