Do you take your git with you on vacation?

Do you take your git with you on vacation?

• Wow! I never thought of that…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well I will now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deepender

Yup
I’ve taken either a bass or guitar with me to the ocean for over a decade. My PRS has made the trip since becoming part of the family.

This has never presented a problem with the Mrs. How about you?

Oh yeah, as long as there’s a place to keep it. You can’t (or shouldn’t) just leave them in the car to bake in the heat, so as long as I’ll have a place to keep it safe, sure. There have been many trips where this wasn’t going to be the case, so it stayed home.

My preference is staycations. That way, I can envision palm trees, warm tropical breezes, swimsuits simply by staying home, plugging in a fan, wearing my workout trunks, and watching my potted plants grow. Wasn't planning on letting my hair grow out into dreadlocks, though.

Oh, and maybe a tall glass drink with an umbrella, straw, and slice of pineapple and cherry in it.

The guitar stays home or rides with me to gigs. Not about to take the guitar on a boat, plane, or train. It's really not that cut and dried, but you get the idea.

I take my worst guitar in my best case on every vaca. There’s almost always time to play. I need it for my sanity. And I’m still taking lessons after all these years, and I don’t wanna get behind. Wife encourages it.

Oh yeah, as long as there’s a place to keep it. You can’t (or shouldn’t) just leave them in the car to bake in the heat, so as long as I’ll have a place to keep it safe, sure. There have been many trips where this wasn’t going to be the case, so it stayed home.
I am frequently lecturing guys I know about that. My regular statement is, “It’s not a canoe paddle, it’s a musical instrument”. That usually garners blank stares. It’s astounding how many people think that, especially solid body guitars, are indestructible…

My preference is staycations. That way, I can envision palm trees, warm tropical breezes, swimsuits simply by staying home, plugging in a fan, wearing my workout trunks, and watching my potted plants grow. Wasn't planning on letting my hair grow out into dreadlocks, though.

Oh, and maybe a tall glass drink with an umbrella, straw, and slice of pineapple and cherry in it.

The guitar stays home or rides with me to gigs. Not about to take the guitar on a boat, plane, or train. It's really not that cut and dried, but you get the idea.
Oh man. I’m with you on the stay-cation. But my wife has got the drive around and see the country bug. And also with you on no way I’m gonna trust handlers on a plane, train or boat trip with my babies.

I have a traveler guitar that I have taken with me at times as well as on business trips. This gives me something to do in the evening in the hotel room. It really depends on where I am going and where I am staying as well as who I am with. I have taken an acoustic guitar camping a number of times as well. That sometimes turns into a group of us setting around the campfire playing and singing. That can be good fun with the right group of people. Typically I don't take a guitar with me anymore because I haven't used it as much as I thought I would

I’ve taken either a bass or guitar with me to the ocean for over a decade. My PRS has made the trip since becoming part of the family.

This has never presented a problem with the Mrs. How about you?
If I'm driving to stay somewhere for a week or more then yes, otherwise no. These days I take a Taylor Koa Mini.

I used to take a travel guitar with me and obsessed over finding the perfect one. It's funny though, I'm in a much better headspace now, and I'm more fulfilled spending family vacations focused on enjoying experiences with my family. I bring a journal for lyric writing and leave the guitar at home.

My perfect travel guitar ended up being a headless Ibanez Q52, after going through a VOX SDC-1 and a Blackstar Carry On. I wanted a headless for efficient loading, a large enough body for comfort, a 3/4 or full-size fretboard, and the option for removing the neck if I needed to.

Back