Do you ever...?

Yes, lol. There's one I am watching now. Got wife's approval, but she said the cost is a nice trip to Europe for us. I am battling with perspective.....

I live in Europe - at least at the time of writing but with Brexit looming, maybe not for long!

A new guitar is for life, a trip to Europe is a week or two with the majority of places very difficult to understand with their own languages...

If that isn't successful, send the wife to Europe and get the guitar for yourself... :D:D:D

I live in Europe - at least at the time of writing but with Brexit looming, maybe not for long!

A new guitar is for life, a trip to Europe is a week or two with the majority of places very difficult to understand with their own languages...

If that isn't successful, send the wife to Europe and get the guitar for yourself... :D:D:D

My trips to Europe will live as long as my brain has the memories, and that’s how long I will cherish sharing those trips with people I love.

Last edited:

Understandably! I would go back countless times!

Yes, lol. There's one I am watching now. Got wife's approval, but she said the cost is a nice trip to Europe for us. I am battling with perspective.....

I’m with Steve, you can’t put a price on good times!

Hey, but don’t listen to me, I’m battling a with the lust for custom build no.3! Which I really don’t need!

My trips to Europe will live as long as my brain has the memories, and that’s how long I will cherish sharing those trips with people I love.

The best trips to Europe I’ve had were for recording sessions where I was well paid, hung out with great players, and got new gear to use.

Best of all possible worlds!

“Les, but what about people/love/family?”

“You mean as opposed to money, fun and gear, that even counts?”

“For most of us, yes.”

“Geez. You guys have your priorities all messed up!” ;)

Being a truly sick f#ck, I’ve never lusted after a guitar I didn’t wind up buying.

This is why I avoid the web guitar searches. I’m running out of budget for this stuff!!! :eek:

OK, maybe if my electronica album sells...as if that’ll happen. Hasn’t been released. Because, fear.

Last edited:
I just did this. It sold anyway. But there are other options...
This one has been sitting for quite awhile. Which gives me a little pause, maybe it doesn’t sound great. Or maybe doesn’t look as good in person. It was priced on the high side though. It’s got a pretty cool and slightly unique top.

Want a guitar so badly but not tell anyone about it because you fear it will sell? Even though the possibility of getting it is next to nothing? Truth is, I’ve been kind of obsessed with a particular guitar(of course I haven’t played it!) and I want to post something but I don’t because I’m afraid someone might snatch it up. Frankly, I can’t see any way of obtaining it, so I don’t know why I bother not posting something about it. It drives me a little nuts.
I'm more of a car guy/grease monkey. That's my true passion. Music is just a fun hobby.
Point being: Try going through this with cars that you know some ******** is going to snatch up at a ridiculous price and then proceed to ruin it.

Or you go to sell a drivable project, and you turn down a fair offer thinking you can get more. Then, nobody else makes a better offer, and you can't get ahold of the guy with the good offer, and you're forced to unload it for far less.

I had that happen on a 4wd 1985 Chevy truck. Practically stole it for 2 grand, dumped another 8 into it, and fucking gave it away for 3200. Could've got 6 grand but, no. I gotta be Captain Moron knowing I can get 10 for it.

To add insult to injury, I befriended the guy who bought it, watched him beat the hell out of it, keep rebuilding it, upgrading parts, and then the bastard went drinking and wheeling in the middle of the night, and flipped my baby on her lid.

She was my first:
Project vehicle
8 lug truck
Square Body Chevy
Full size truck
V8
4x4
Carbureted engine
And my first long bed.

Moral of the story:
Be glad your problems are only guitar related. Be glad you don't have to watch somebody else have all the fun you never could. Be glad you don't have to watch somebody else abuse and mistreat your baby. Be glad you'll never have to see her get destroyed beyond repair and sent to the scrap yard where the vultures can strip her of her parts for pennies on the dollar.

Rust
In
Peace

"The Beast" :(

This one has been sitting for quite awhile. Which gives me a little pause, maybe it doesn’t sound great. Or maybe doesn’t look as good in person. It was priced on the high side though. It’s got a pretty cool and slightly unique top.
Miss Pernie sat for about 1.5 years before I bought it :)

image.jpg

Sometimes it’s non-standard specs that make folks pause. Or the blue color ;)

This one didn't sit too long. It's falls into a wide grail category for me, but the timing was bad.

Back